Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Preferred FFM?
Question 
Preferred FFM?
Hi apneaboard community,

I want to know what is the Best FFM?

I'm currently using the Amara view but even with some adjustments it still hurt the bottom of my nose. It's not that bad but I'm still in tryout and I will like your experience about other FFM.

And if you think I should give a try to an another mask. The numbers with the Amara view are great but I still not feel well rested and think maybe the mask is one cause of it.

What are your opinion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Preferred FFM?
Everybody's face is different, which is why there are so many different types of mask out there. I don't think anybody can say a particular mask is "best". It really is a case of trying them out and finding the best for you.

Having said that, a lot of people like the Fisher & Paykel Simplus. I have one and it is the best that I've tried - for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2016, 06:53 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Everybody's face is different, which is why there are so many different types of mask out there. I don't think anybody can say a particular mask is "best". It really is a case of trying them out and finding the best for you.

Having said that, a lot of people like the Fisher & Paykel Simplus. I have one and it is the best that I've tried - for me.

Thank you DeepBreathing !

I was not really searching for the best of all the FMM but more like the preferred one from different FFM users.

To give me an idea of which one I should try.

I'm having small issue with the Amara view and it's just a little more than a week I try it so I'm thinking that maybe it's not the best for me ...

I will look closely to the Fisher & Paykel Simplus and I heard good stuff about the AirFit F10 and the Mirage quattro...

Will see by trying one at the time Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Respironics Amara Gel and really like it. The gel seals well and is comfortable for me. Being able to adjust the top of the mask with the forehead piece allows me to use minimal pressure with the top straps and adjust the pressure incrementally on the nose piece.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2016, 07:08 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: I will look closely to the Fisher & Paykel Simplus and I heard good stuff about the AirFit F10 and the Mirage quattro...

I've used Mirage Quattro, Quattro FX, Simplus and one other Resmed mask whose name I've forgotten - of those, I found the Simplus to be the most comfortable by far. YMMV, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out our reviews section for masks and read through those.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2016, 08:32 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I use the Respironics Amara Gel and really like it. The gel seals well and is comfortable for me. Being able to adjust the top of the mask with the forehead piece allows me to use minimal pressure with the top straps and adjust the pressure incrementally on the nose piece.

Thank you pupcamper!

Finally I will try the Airfit F10 tonight!

I hope to Sleep-well

(02-07-2016, 11:38 PM)cpdaniel Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 07:08 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: I will look closely to the Fisher & Paykel Simplus and I heard good stuff about the AirFit F10 and the Mirage quattro...

I've used Mirage Quattro, Quattro FX, Simplus and one other Resmed mask whose name I've forgotten - of those, I found the Simplus to be the most comfortable by far. YMMV, of course.

Thank you cpdaniel!

I will give a try to the Airfit F10 tonight!

More to come!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 12:23 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Check out our reviews section for masks and read through those.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews

Thank you Paula02!

I did look at it but I guess I'm not really good at using the search engine of the forum..

Can we search a particular combination of words but only have the results that includes this combination?

If yes how do we do it?

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 09:17 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: Can we search a particular combination of words but only have the results that includes this combination?
If yes how do we do it?

Yes, simply put the words or phrase in quotation marks and it will give you a search result of posts or threads that have that specific phrase.

For instance doing a search for full face mask will result in numerous posts/threads that have the word "full", "face" or "mask" or a combination of any of those words.

Doing a search for "full face mask" (in quotes) will give only threads or posts that have the exact phrase full face mask in them.

For more info, please see the Tutorial on searching, found in our Member Account Help Forum, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rum-Search

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Went into my sleep therapist yesterday to get fitted for a FFM for the nights when my right nostril gets blocked interfering with my results also for when I have colds etc.....my therapist hooked me up to a Cpap machine at my setting of 12 and tried a range of FFM's, the Simplus, Mirage Quatro, Quatro FX, Airfit 10, Amara and the Amara View. After a lot of "fiddling" and positioning of my head on the pillow to get them right we could not get any but the Amara View to not stop leaking mainly at the top with the air escaping into my eyes. Of course it had to be the last one we tried [Amara View] that did the trick....and of course it was also the dearest at $A295....Used it last night and obtained similar results [good] to my usual Wisp Nasal Mask and only a very slight increase in leakage according to Sleepyhead....At this stage I'm very impressed though getting it fitting right the 1st time was a little bit of a test, something I'm sure will get easier with time and experience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Preferred full face mask? andycc 10 2,494 02-05-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: RLMMG
  Surgery (non orthognathic) for Sleep Apnea. Preferred ENT or Maxilofacial surgeon? cotrina 4 1,574 11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: cotrina
  Preferred Level for SNI stanleydean 25 19,390 02-24-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Grumpytoo
  Why would straight CPAP be preferred over auto? Mosquitobait 39 14,315 06-06-2015, 06:03 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.