Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Preferred FFM?
RE: Preferred FFM?
(02-07-2016, 04:49 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: Hi apneaboard community,

I want to know what is the Best FFM?

I'm currently using the Amara view but even with some adjustments it still hurt the bottom of my nose. It's not that bad but I'm still in tryout and I will like your experience about other FFM.

And if you think I should give a try to an another mask. The numbers with the Amara view are great but I still not feel well rested and think maybe the mask is one cause of it.

What are your opinion?
Try going up a size on the Amara! It is a very good mask and I had the same problem with mine. I moved up a size on the cushion and all is good!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2016, 09:25 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 09:17 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: Can we search a particular combination of words but only have the results that includes this combination?
If yes how do we do it?

Yes, simply put the words or phrase in quotation marks and it will give you a search result of posts or threads that have that specific phrase.

For instance doing a search for full face mask will result in numerous posts/threads that have the word "full", "face" or "mask" or a combination of any of those words.

Doing a search for "full face mask" (in quotes) will give only threads or posts that have the exact phrase full face mask in them.

For more info, please see the Tutorial on searching, found in our Member Account Help Forum, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rum-Search

Coffee

Wow !!!! I really appreciate this tip and this link SuperSleeper Thanks

I will be able to maximize the search capabilities !!!

Have a nice day like

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2016, 05:27 AM)Mutineer Wrote: Went into my sleep therapist yesterday to get fitted for a FFM for the nights when my right nostril gets blocked interfering with my results also for when I have colds etc.....my therapist hooked me up to a Cpap machine at my setting of 12 and tried a range of FFM's, the Simplus, Mirage Quatro, Quatro FX, Airfit 10, Amara and the Amara View. After a lot of "fiddling" and positioning of my head on the pillow to get them right we could not get any but the Amara View to not stop leaking mainly at the top with the air escaping into my eyes. Of course it had to be the last one we tried [Amara View] that did the trick....and of course it was also the dearest at $A295....Used it last night and obtained similar results [good] to my usual Wisp Nasal Mask and only a very slight increase in leakage according to Sleepyhead....At this stage I'm very impressed though getting it fitting right the 1st time was a little bit of a test, something I'm sure will get easier with time and experience.

Thanks for your feedback Mutineer I appreciate !

Last night I tried the AirFit F10 and it had some leaks issue put I will try to fix those tonight more to come Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2016, 08:51 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:

I'm currently using the Amara view but even with some adjustments it still hurt the bottom of my nose. It's not that bad but I'm still in tryout and I will like your experience about other FFM.

And if you think I should give a try to an another mask. The numbers with the Amara view are great but I still not feel well rested and think maybe the mask is one cause of it.

What are your opinion?
Try going up a size on the Amara! It is a very good mask and I had the same problem with mine. I moved up a size on the cushion and all is good!

Hi Judy1843 Smile

You had the columella and the tip of your nose that was hurting in the morning?

I also had an irritation of my skin close to my nose ...

I had the medium but with the large there was a lot of leaks from the top ... not you?

You were able to fix the top leaks?

I really liked the feel of the Amara View Bigwink

Waiting for your feedback Big Grin

Yesterday I slept with the AirFit F10 and I had zero events like but some issue with leaks since I'm a side sleeper ...

More to come !
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2016, 08:51 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:

What are your opinion?

Finally I will try the the Amara view with the large cushion like you suggest judy1843 Wink

It's really the most comfortable of the 6 mask that I tried so far and I will do what's necessary to make it work!

Hopefully the large will do the trick for me Lolabove

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Preferred full face mask? andycc 10 2,492 02-05-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: RLMMG
  Surgery (non orthognathic) for Sleep Apnea. Preferred ENT or Maxilofacial surgeon? cotrina 4 1,566 11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: cotrina
  Preferred Level for SNI stanleydean 25 19,384 02-24-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Grumpytoo
  Why would straight CPAP be preferred over auto? Mosquitobait 39 14,306 06-06-2015, 06:03 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.