eseedhouse Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

Sex: Male

RE: Preferred Level for SNI
(09-12-2015 09:08 PM)sptrout Wrote:  From BMC: The RESmart Auto CPAP Machine includes advanced sensor technology to automatically track your respiratory condition. It can detect the onset of snoring and automatically increase the pressure until the airway is fully open, even when lying on your back.

The "advanced sensor" would likely be a simple microphone at the machine end of the tube. That would be ample to hear a snore, though it might be a bit tricky to determine exactly what sound is or is not an actual snore and not, say, clearing the throat. But that's a computing problem, not a sensor problem.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
09-12-2015 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

This wiki article might help clear it up:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...oring_Data
Quote:How does a PAP machine detect snoring?

PAP machines do not have microphones attached to them. So your PAP is not listening to the sound of your snoring. So how does it actually detect snoring? It analyzes the Flow Rate data.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
09-12-2015 09:55 PM
sptrout Online

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
Humidifier: HumidAir
CPAP Pressure: 8-11
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

The bottom line on this machine is that it does not record any SNI data even though the manual implies otherwise. The copy of a BMC Report from the manual does not match what is actually reported on the real patient available, Reader's Digest version (in Zonk's earlier post), or the complete report that is available to the doctor (or to a patient that knows the secret way in). Last night, I only had access to my detailed report that a doctor sees, this morning I am able to see my real patient report that Zonk showed a copy of from the manual. The SNI line is blank on all of my reports.

The software on this plain CPAP machine does NOT record the SNI data and my guess is that it is incapable of gathering this information. Remember that this a cheap, very cheap, CPAP that I can buy from a brick and mortar store that is about 40 miles from my house for $185. (Too bad I did not know that before I got screwed out of $675 from another local DME that told me that I was getting a deal because my insurance would not pay anything for my machine, that they would give me a special deal and only charge 1/2 of what they bill the insurance companies. I no longer do any business with them.)
09-13-2015 09:26 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question: sound level on Resmed S9 WITHOUT humidifier, compared to Remstar 560 kowlooner 8 216 11-29-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 507 11-21-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Odd Low Level Leak richcrab 6 330 10-08-2016 09:14 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Smile First-time Bi-Level user to be - Need Help! TeddyBear777 8 493 09-27-2016 06:38 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  what is the difference between a Bi-level CPAP and a BiPAP? brose005 23 2,078 08-30-2016 04:31 PM
Last Post: brose005
  Setting up a Respironics ASV 960 machine as a simple Bi-Level racprops 4 286 07-21-2016 07:23 AM
Last Post: racprops
  New Resmed Airfit Mask F10 FFM Leaks increases AHI level??? rvlasek 10 1,660 07-16-2016 03:36 PM
Last Post: Mary Anna