Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prescribed Airsense 10 Autoset, can I use Aircurve S?
Prescribed Airsense 10 Autoset, can I use Aircurve S?
Hello all-

I've been on CPAP for over 10 years now, and I tolerate it very well.  My first two machines were rather basic but did the job.  I then got a Philips Dream Machine, and I despised it.  So now, after consulting my doctor, I got an Airsense 10 Autoset, and I love it.  I find it much more comfortable to use, and I guess that's due to the Autoset feature/algorithm.

Anyway, I would like to have another one of these machines in my trunk at all times in case I need or want to sleep over somewhere I hadn't planned to.  I have a chance to get a Aircurve 10 S at a good price.  Can I use the Aircurve 10 S?  I've done some reading in posts here, and I read a couple of posts that make it sound like the Aircurve 10 S is superior to the Airsense 10 Autoset in all ways since it can do everything the Airsense 10 Autoset can do and more.  However, one post I saw suggests that the Aircurve 10 S lacks the Autoset feature/algorithm of the Airsense 10.  Would the Aircurve 10 S do everything my Airsense 10 Autoset does and more?  Or would there be some disadvantages/differences going from the Airsense 10 Autoset to the Aircurve 10 S?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prescribed Airsense 10 Autoset, can I use Aircurve S?
I do not think the Aircurve S has the Autoset function so it will work at static pressures only. If you search on Amazon for a ResMed Autoset #37207 they are currently availiable for $555 which is a great price for a new unused machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirCurve 10 S would be two fixed pressures. Your EPAP and IPAP. Nothing wrong with using one for traveling. You just want to make sure you set it up right. You want to set your IPAP at 95% of what you normally have on Sleepyhead when your using your Airsense. Than set your EPAP at whatever EPR you use on the AirSense. It won't be Auto but it will keep you close to what you need.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure where you are looking for a machine, but the Airsense 10 Autoset can be obtained new from discount sources. The current price on Amazon is $571 shipped, and there may be some lower Craigslist deals. The Aircurve 10 Vauto provides automatic pressure adjustment as well as bilevel pressure that can be the same as an Autoset if desired. The 10S is fixed pressure as discussed above.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jdlee2323,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2018, 07:34 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: The AirCurve 10 S would be two fixed pressures. Your EPAP and IPAP. Nothing wrong with using one for traveling. You just want to make sure you set it up right. You want to set your IPAP at 95% of what you normally have on Sleepyhead when your using your Airsense. Than set your EPAP at whatever EPR you use on the AirSense. It won't be Auto but it will keep you close to what you need.

Hi Walla Walla -

Thank you for your response (and thanks to everyone who has responded).  I'm confused.  I understand what Bipap/bilevel is, and that the Aircurve 10 S is bilevel, but I don't understand why there is even a need for this particular model.  Wouldn't anyone be better off with the Airsense 10 Autoset?  I mean, it allows for the reduced air pressure upon exhaling, and it seems like it has the clear advantage with its automatic settings.  And, as a separate question, if I used an Aircurve 10 S, wouldn't I notice the absence of the Autoset feature?

I can get a very, very good deal on the Aircuve 10 S, but it sounds like maybe what I really need is a second Airsense 10.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You could set the Aircurve close to your average pressure setting with Pressure Support to match any EPR if used but there would be no dynamic pressure changes as your pressure needs change overnight. The Aircurve is more like a fixed pressure CPAP with EPR but has a much larger pressure range in both maximum pressure and the difference between inhale and exhale pressures (pressure support)
Post Reply Post Reply
2323, Your right about the AirSense Auto being better. The way the question was posed I assumed you had a great deal for a fixed pressure Bipap and wanted to know if it could be used for spot use. Now if you had asked whats the best machine I can buy for a second machine I would have said another AirSense Auto.

Dont-know
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla - Thanks to you and everyone else.  Everything you've said makes sense.  I'm not going to go for the Aircurve (although I do see your point about how it would be a good spare machine).  I'll wait and find another Airsense 10 Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 527 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 318 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.