Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prescription Request
RE: Prescription Request
My prescription says right on it that it is only good for a year, but the online stores continue to fill orders based on it and it's been 3 years. My brother's script was good for 99 years, BUT my state no longer recognizes that - scripts have to be redone annually.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought my Rx was good for 1 year. turns out they never gave me the original Rx, just an order for pressure change (to be consistent with the pressure changes I had made on my own). what I have doesn't specify an expiration date except on one line: "supplies: replacements as needed or as insurance permits for a period of 1 year." what sense does that make?

another line says: "length of need: 99 months / lifetime", but not clear that means the Rx is good forever.

order for pressure change Rx is dated 2/21/17. I showed it to the new doctor, who wrote an order for a new mask assembly and I showed both to the apria counter guy. no one mentioned being past the one year for replacement supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2018, 12:38 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: By the way, you'll want to request both a paper copy of the Rx as well as a paper copy of your sleep study.  

I was surprised that my DME requested a copy of my sleep study. (I wouldn't provide that to just anyone, though.)

Medicare requires that the DME have a copy of your sleep study on file.

Please make sure that the sleep study copy that you get for your own use includes the raw data taken from the study and not just the summary page.  It will help you in the future should you move to a different doctor or your previous doctor shuts down.
Post Reply Post Reply
You do not need a "Sleep" Doctor to get the Rx, any Dr will do.  Typically most see a Family Dr. at least annually and your Family Dr is more than qualified to write the Rx.

You can request a specific machine be specified, to ensure that you get one that is fully data and APAP capable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 24 1,194 22 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,120 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Request for help in improving therapy Evena 14 1,084 01-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.