Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prescription for supplies
Prescription for supplies
I've been using my ResMed S9 since July 2011. I have always been able to get my supplies locally (new mask, hose, filters) and Medicare covered it. It has been over a year since I needed any replacements and now the provider says I need a prescription. I need to tell my primary care doctor what to write on the prescription as he does not have access to the sleep study that was done in 2011.

Primary care doctor does know that I have sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prescription for supplies
(07-31-2015, 09:01 AM)acc Wrote: I've been using my ResMed S9 since July 2011. I have always been able to get my supplies locally (new mask, hose, filters) and Medicare covered it. It has been over a year since I needed any replacements and now the provider says I need a prescription. I need to tell my primary care doctor what to write on the prescription as he does not have access to the sleep study that was done in 2011.

Primary care doctor does know that I have sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine.

He just needs to write down the type of supplies needed. Mask, cushion, nose pillows, choice of patient. Filters and tubes for Resmed S9 (I personally would have him add OEM so you can avoid the generic, which are typically poorer quality). WHY does he have not have access to the sleep study? Why do you not have a copy of it. EVERYBODY should get copies of their medical charts and that includes sleep studies. Contact the place where you had your sleep study done and ask for both a copy of the sleep study and the titration. Explain that you do not want just a summary, but the entire study.

Some states and providers accept the 99 year (lifetime) prescription, but not all do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info
Post Reply Post Reply
Mosquito is right.
You might need to lean on them a bit to get them to cough up the reports.

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
my doc just wrote mask of patient's choice, heated hose and all other supplies needed and dispense as written and that was it. Of course, things could vary from state to state. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi acc,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 120 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 152 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,576 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.