Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: Prescription rights
(08-02-2016 12:48 AM)icyura10 Wrote:  And then there's a mixmaster of confusion if you are covered by an insurance company and you are in / on medicare or SSDI.

This is messed up!

So much for reduced medical costs that were supposed to accompany the "Affffffffffffffordable Health Care".... and the legislation that had to be passed so we could find out what was in it! Oh-jeezHuhHuhsignCrazyDodgyOopsOhwellThumbs-down-1Crying-into-tissueeeewcrygreen

There's a lot I could say. The only way you are going to have it all the same in every state is to have a one-payer system. That means everybody follows the same rules. That's what Medicare does now for the elderly and disabled (and it is NOT free - you pay every month for Medicare). Ask everybody here how that's working for them. Medicare is very similar to Kaiser in CA. If you want something that doesn't fit their cog, you pay out-of-pocket. This practice was going on long before the Affordable Health Care Act.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 07:51 PM by Mosquitobait.)
08-02-2016 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
otrpu Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset w/Oxi
Mask Type: Hybrid
Mask Make & Model: RespCareHYB500
Humidifier: ClimateLine, Socked, set 3
CPAP Pressure: 9-17
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: COPD

Sex: Male

All I know is I needed a new CPAP machine about a year ago because the one I was issued in 2006 was worn out. I called my PCP Office and requested a copy of my original Script for CPAP. They faxed it to me. I eMailed a copy of that prescription with my order for new APAP machine, one arrived 3 days later. I didn't like the mask provided after 30 days, APRIA wanted new script to order a new mask they didn't have in stock. So, in Lakewood, CO anyway, it depends on whom you deal with.

Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
08-05-2016 03:39 PM
FrankNichols Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed F10 and/or P10
Humidifier: Builtin
CPAP Pressure: 17-19
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: I've figured out how to get my AHI down to 5, I quit sleeping!

(08-02-2016 07:48 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 12:48 AM)icyura10 Wrote:  And then there's a mixmaster of confusion if you are covered by an insurance company and you are in / on medicare or SSDI.

This is messed up!

So much for reduced medical costs that were supposed to accompany the "Affffffffffffffordable Health Care".... and the legislation that had to be passed so we could find out what was in it! Oh-jeezHuhHuhsignCrazyDodgyOopsOhwellThumbs-down-1Crying-into-tissueeeewcrygreen

There's a lot I could say. The only way you are going to have it all the same in every state is to have a one-payer system. That means everybody follows the same rules. That's what Medicare does now for the elderly and disabled (and it is NOT free - you pay every month for Medicare). Ask everybody here how that's working for them. Medicare is very similar to Kaiser in CA. If you want something that doesn't fit their cog, you pay out-of-pocket. This practice was going on long before the Affordable Health Care Act.

Medicare has one of the highest user satisfaction ratings of any healthcare system in the world. It has it's problems and as you say is not free, but it works for most people. I am on medicare and I am absolutely happy with it. Much more so than the policies I had at work for decades. And way more than any of my kids feelings about their commercial healthcare which costs them an arm and a leg and leaves them bankrupt at the first major medical expense.

ACA on the other hand was simply a Christmas gift to insurance companies. It provides for the poorest with improved medicad (where the states sign up for it) but for middle class and above ACA sucks. It really is way passed the time for us to come into the 21 century and provide a single payer healthcare solution better than anyone else in the world - remember when we were better at doing things? (Sorry, rant over)

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 03:52 PM by FrankNichols.)
08-05-2016 03:50 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
srlevine1 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense Autoset (S10)
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Activa LT
Humidifier: Internal to S10
CPAP Pressure: 12-15.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(08-01-2016 08:28 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:  We require you to have a $3,000 sleep study in order to pay $600 for a new CPAP machine." Bright folks, them insurance companies employ to make rules.

OMMOHY

The price quoted has as much validity as the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) sticker on a car. Insurance companies do not pay retail and Medicare pays even less. It seems the prices are meant to screw the fee-for-service patients who do not negotiate or as a negotiating tactic with insurance companies.

If you want to see the "real" numbers, check out the site at http://www.aasmnet.org/articles.aspx?id=5933 and download the rvu study at http://www.aasmnet.org/resources/pdf/sleep-payment-RVU-2016.pdf

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 06:44 PM by srlevine1.)
08-05-2016 06:42 PM
icyura10 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RESMED AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Phillips Respironiscs DreamWear under the nose nasal ma
Humidifier: INCLUDED
CPAP Pressure: IPAP (20); EPAP (12); PS (8)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in!

Location: I'm just a Galactic Traveler Traversing the Universe on a Blue Rock!

(08-01-2016 07:23 PM)xdocgx Wrote:  Thanks ...

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Hey, I must apologize to you.. Oh-jeez

It certainly wasn't my intention tol high jack your thread and turn it into a public whipping post... about every possible insurance payer system ... but you know,

We are now leaving the Twilight Zone and returning you to reality

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
08-05-2016 07:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

For most insurance to pay you have to get an annual recertification. Thats big talk for go get a nurse prac to write a note that you are still using the machine and need one.

If you are self pay just a script from any md nurse prac or dentist will get you anything you want.
08-05-2016 10:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Smile [CPAP] Diagnosis + prescription = Frustration... ApneaBoard + experimenting = Salvation! OldVet 8 274 11-28-2016 08:24 PM
Last Post: OldVet
  Resmed Autosense 10 - no prescription WomblingFree 7 498 10-26-2016 02:53 PM
Last Post: WomblingFree
  CPAP prescription/DME regulation scottae316 9 344 10-19-2016 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why is a prescription required? FrankNichols 36 1,638 08-29-2016 12:16 AM
Last Post: HGMonaro
  [CPAP] IS PRESCRIPTION NECESSARY gobisubbu 10 579 08-03-2016 08:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Supplier requires new prescription to test my machine?? Rgbeard75 7 872 07-17-2016 10:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Need urgent help with prescription conversion ebitansky 6 680 05-20-2016 02:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1