Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prescription without supplier
Prescription without supplier
Hi,
i am living in Vienna, Austria and CPAP/APAP goods are not cheap available here, so therefore I want to buy this in US, either if I or some friends travel there or buy it over a shipping company (US Adress and forward the shipping to austria).
In most cases i need a prescription for buing in US. Therefore my question: does somebody know, does the prescription have to include the supplier or can it be without supplier names? All companys (on supplier list) have there own prescripton form with their names, but i think this is only because they want to have there name on prescription.
Any hint?
Thank you for help
Christian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prescription without supplier
Rx should NOT include the suppliers name, but should be specific as to make and model.  This is not as important in your case of going to a none-insurance based secondary model where you will specify which specific model you will purchase.  

There are suppliers that regularly ship overseas.

Prescription APAP
Rx
Ordering Physician:
Physician's Address:
Phone:
Fax:

Patient: 
DOB:

DAW (Dispense as Written) 
Diagnosis:
  • Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Adult Pediatric g47.33
Estimated Lehgth of Service ___ lifetime / 99 ___ Months
Machine Type
  • ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or Auto CPAP of Patients choice

Pressure or Pressure Range:
     (value from titration study or Dr) or 8-20 CM/H2O, EPR 2 CM/H2O
Humidifier(s)
  • Heated Humidifier E0562
CPAP Mask/Interface/Delivery System:
  • CPAP Mask, Patient Preference
Supplies:
  • All Related Supplies
The following dispensable equipment is necessary for the proper use of the equipment and is not a part of the CPAP, BiLevel, BiLevel ST, BiLevel SV or AVAPs machine when purchased and needs to be replaced on a regular basis:
  • Nasal Pillows (A7033)

• Nasal Mask (A7034)

• Full Face Mask (A7030)

• Oral Interface (A7044)

• Headgear (A7035)

• Full Face Cushion (A7031)

• Chinstrap (A7036)

• Exhalation Port/Swivel (A7045)

• Tubing (A7037)

• Heated Humidifier Tubing w/ Heating Element (A4604)

• Humidifier Chamber (A7046)

• Mask Cushion (A7032)

• Disposable Filters (A7038)

• Non-Disposable Filters (A7039)

The above named patient was diagnosed as indicated. Due to the potentially dangerous consequences of disturbed sleep and sleep deprivation, which include the possibility of falling asleep in critical situations, treatment of this condition is considered mandatory rather than elective, on a nightly basis for a long term to lifetime duration (99 months).

Physician's Signature: 
NPI:
Date: 
License:
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a U.S shipping address, you can buy pretty much everything on Amazon without showing a prescription. Many of the sellers will even quote overseas shipping, but as you know the value-added taxes in Europe can really increase the price of things. If you hire a shipping company with a drop box in the U.S. that should get you what you want. The current price of a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset 37207 BLACK on Amazon is $458 and the seller ships internationally. Contact them (note, rules prohibit links to sellers on this forum).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@bonjour: thank you for detailed explaination. This is exactly what I want, no supplier name, so you can use the rx for different shops...

@Sleeprider: thanks, but amazon Commercial link removed. does not ship to austria, I tried it, not possilbe, so you have to use a drop-box forwarder...

Most suppliers i found in internet, do offer (quote) shipping costs, but if you want ResMed or Philipps products they refuse shipping according to the rules of the manufacturer. Also supplier#1 does not ship to austria, I placed an order, which was cancelled, because they only ship to US...or maybe canada..
I really did not find any supplier delivering to austria...

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you look at suppliers 2 & 10 they both ship to Australia no problems.
I did not need a prescription when I got my Resmed a 10 from number 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2017, 03:05 PM)christian4870 Wrote: @Sleeprider: thanks, but amazon link removed, Moderator edit does not ship to austria, I tried it, not possilbe, so you have to use a drop-box forwarder...

True, but in this case the Airsense 10 autoset is shipped from and sold by Sistemma, a seller that uses Amazon as a marketplace.  Find the listing and send the seller a message asking their shipping policy and cost.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you try Comgateway. During registration there you can indicate your Vienna shipping address. An USA address then will be given to you.

When you ordered through Amazon, you can ship to that USA address given by Comgateway. This is usually free when you buy a high ticket item like CPAP on Amazon. Once the shipment reaches the Comgateway address, you can then pay Comgateway to ship to Vienna. They ship worldwide. Shipping costs should be around the ballpark of $100. No subscription is required for Amazon orders. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
When is your next vacation/holiday in the US?
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 ships abroad.

The cheapest scenario might be to take a vacation to the US and pick one up! By the time you get shipping costs and customs duties...

Alternatively, you could get it sent to somewhere like the UK and pick it up there?
Post Reply Post Reply
i'm in australia and ordered and received my dreamstation through amazon.
the firm did not require a prescription but did not ship to australia.
i used a forwarding agent, there was a choice, but they all seem to be in Oregan.
cost me about 10aud to ship to oregan, then 80aud to ship to australia.

the local price meant that i could have flown to USA for a holiday and bought the machine there for the same price as buying it here.

try and google some shipping agents from usa to austria (i have just found 2 companies on the internet in seconds)
one company quotes 3kg to austria via fedex priority (1-4 days) for 47usd, thats pretty good.
i included insurance on mine, just in case.

try to get the supplier to include some extra packing if possible, mine arrived unscathed, but only in its original box with plenty of room for internal movement.
the couriers must have been unusually careful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 86 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 136 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 772 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 531 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 974 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,946 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 457 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.