Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presidential Debate
Presidential Debate
Just curious to see if anyone else wasn't impressed by the debate last night? My wife is a big Trump supporter, and I'm not. 

She wasn't impressed by his behavior last night. Me? I'm thinking if these two idiots are the best that this nation of ours can come up with, we're in a real world of hurt.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Presidential Debate
Wrong title, it should be the "Big Train Wreck of 2020"
I don't care which side of that Red/Blue track you are on, that was a train wreck
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are absolutely correct! It was the worst Presidential Debate ever! That's not just my opinion, but that of many others who are voicing their opinions. 

The Criminal Justice System isn't the only thing that need a good overhaul. Our Political Election Process is another. 

Two "grown men" and that's what they gave us............. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Had Air Disasters on Smithsonian on instead. Far more interesting. When I was in the AF I had been through both Life Support Officer and Flight Safety School. Got to participate on one accident board and testify at another. Show's a little theatrical at times, but does a good job at explaining the process and why it takes so long for answers.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Back in 1976, I had to appear before an investigatory board in regards to an air drop that went terribly wrong. 

We were jumping into Germany and two jumpers in my stick were killed. The two were only a couple of jumpers ahead of me. One went out the door, the static line on one didn't break as it should have. That jumper was bouncing off the fuselage until the jumper behind him went out the door, struck the guy bouncing off the fuselage, then both fell to their death. 

No evidence of either attempting to activate their reserve chute. My testimony was basically nothing, cause by the time I got to the door and out of it, I wasn't aware of anything that had occurred. 

I did land a relatively short distance from one of the two jumpers. I was the 3rd on the scene and it was very obvious, the jumper was not alive. 

When it came time for me to leave the service, I went to our company's supply room to get a couple of empty cardboard boxes. When I got back to my room, I saw that one of the boxes had the last name of one of the jumpers on it. 

It was Lopez. He was in my company obviously, but in a different platoon. 

I haven't thought of him for a very long time......until now. RIP guy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Our two-party political system has completely failed the American people for at least two election cycles in a row.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the debate ..... I never like those things because they is so much interrupting and over talking I can't hear what they have to say.

With technology today,  why can't they turn off the microphone when it's not a candidate's turn.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I am pretty sure the sound techs could turn off mics as necessary. They don't really want to is my guess. They love to feed the masses with bickering politicians.

Debate aside, the area I like about Trump as President is that he does do what he said. He did begin to fix the economy and jobs. He is a businessman after all.

I find things a bit off and double standards are at work such as when Republicans getting blame for everything whereas Democrats act like Teflon where nothing is their fault, blame, or responsibility. So we have President Trump that should have done more to stop COVID-19 after he did too much by closing off borders. I also think President Trump did make a good point where he mentioned he's done more positive in 47 months than Joe Biden did in 47 years. A politician that makes a career as a politician is in it for power and money. And the longer they're in, the more corrupt they become. Oh and for those that value keeping gun rights and or 2A/Second Amendment, Biden/Harris would very seriously consider an Executive Order to make our gun ownership illegal in some way.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2020, 12:00 PM)bonjour Wrote: Wrong title, it should be the "Big Train Wreck of 2020"
I don't care which side of that Red/Blue track you are on, that was a train wreck

My dear bonjour, you are wrong!  It was not a train wreck, it was a food fight.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2020, 11:04 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm thinking if these two idiots are the best that this nation of ours can come up with, we're in a real world of hurt.

I agree. It was the same four years ago when the choice was the least of two evils. Last time I though Trump was the least evil. After his recent behavior, especially in the debate, I'm not as sure.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Obama Wasn't So Great Ay Debate Schnauzers 5 1 2,498 10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Last Post: cbramsey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.