Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presidential Debate
RE: Presidential Debate
You mean you actually were able to sit thru the entire TV show?  I lost interest within the first 10 minutes and switched it off!   Oh-jeez

Hmmm, I wonder who is running on the third party ticket.....Or better yet, who can we write-in?  Whistle
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I agree, neither were very good - in fact pretty bad BUT you still have to look at what they stand for and what they have done. Biden could not even say he was for enforcing the law. His Green New Deal - may not be AOC's but it sure is going to cost a huge amount of money and IMO cause huge job loss, especially in oil, auto and related industry. Biden has not called out ANTIFA or the group Black Lives Matters (not the sentiment the organization).

Trump on the other hand - needs to stop saying what a great job he has done with COVID. I know that in a pandemic as we had will have a lot of people die BUT he needs to show more humanity rather than just "any death is tragic." He needs to be MORE powerful in a denouncement of the Right Wing terror faction.

Neither one is the perfect candidate - there never is one, again we will need to choose the best one of the people running like we have every year.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar     Dealing w DME     Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2020, 01:27 PM)Cpapian Wrote: On the debate ..... I never like those things because they is so much interrupting and over talking I can't hear what they have to say.

With technology today,  why can't they turn off the microphone when it's not a candidate's turn.

They very well could......if they really wanted to. But, I suppose it's more PC to just ask them to stop talking and wait their turn.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think a simple formula is the best.(One ingredient that is the most important part of any political system is the person who is commander  in chief is a straight shooter. If not - nothing will work properly at all > it's like building a foundation on quicksand.)
Anyways back to the simple formula, "Ask your self are you better off than you were 4 years ago, if not it is clear who would be a better choice." This is a good gauge if not sure!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Wait... there was a debate yesterday??

Huh, no wonder the forum wasn't very busy last night.

I gotta get out more, I guess.

Whistle
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Considering the two individuals in question, I had a strong gut feeling it was going to be a disaster. I had to watch it for myself though, rather than take the word of others.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2020, 04:12 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote: I think a simple formula is the best.(One ingredient that is the most important part of any political system is the person who is commander  in chief is a straight shooter. If not - nothing will work properly at all > it's like building a foundation on quicksand.)
Anyways back to the simple formula, "Ask your self are you better off than you were 4 years ago, if not it is clear who would be a better choice." This is a good gauge if not sure!

I hear that quote quite often. Myself, I see that I am better off than I was four years ago. I don't leave that responsibility to another. Ultimately, I figure it's up to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Seeing the phrase, " "Ask your self are you better off than you were 4 years ago, if not it is clear who would be a better choice."

Well, my joints ache more, my bladder has shrunk, and they took Cops off my TV.  Which one of those stuffed shirts will fix all this for me?

-JD
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 08:01 AM)johnnydoe Wrote: Seeing the phrase, " "Ask your self are you better off than you were 4 years ago, if not it is clear who would be a better choice."

Well, my joints ache more, my bladder has shrunk, and they took Cops off my TV.  Which one of those stuffed shirts will fix all this for me?

-JD

Well, Ron Paul ran for the Presidency several years ago... he could have helped with 2 out of the 3.  (He was a medical doctor also).

But he got clobbered in the primaries, and has health issues of his own now.

As for "Cops" being removed from TV, it's probably because of all the calls to defund the police.  Not enough money now.  It's hard to police a community and star in a top-rated television show at the same time anyway, even if you're fully funded.

Whistle
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankfully the vice presidential debate was more civil. I thought Kamala Harris dodged too many questions. Not impressed with anyone that wants to take away guns. Nothing to stop them if they do that. Just my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Obama Wasn't So Great Ay Debate Schnauzers 5 1 2,502 10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Last Post: cbramsey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.