Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presidential Debate
RE: Presidential Debate
(10-15-2020, 08:35 PM)bkw Texas Wrote: Yes, we watched it.  I was disappointed to say the least.

Ranger, TYFYS.  My Ranger came home last year.  We were exceptionally proud of the service given and more so that he was able to come on with boots on.

Maybe now with him home safely and the assistance of CPAP, I will sleep better and night.

RLTW

bkw

Glad and good to know he is home safe & sound. I served in the mid 1970's, and it seems like another lifetime ago.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
At least we have a consistent track record on the Democratic side. Every rule and law that side accuses a Republican of breaking is typically false. However, the Democrat accuser has actually done what they accuse the Republican of doing.

Vote Thursday says Joe Biden.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, think of it as they took it for a test drive.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A good time to repeat this. as we're a few weeks away from the U.S. Presidential election....

Public Service Announcement:

Heated political discussion is allowed here in the Off-Topic Forum.  Please read this sticky thread, which explains this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-HERE

We generally don't close threads because of disagreements on politics.  We ask that people be civil and don't personally attack another forum member, but firmly-held political opinions are bound to get heated at times.

My only suggestion is that if you don't like someone expressing a political opinion contrary to your own, simply don't read the Off-Topic Forum, or ignore what is being said in a thread like this.

If someone violates a forum rule here, that will be dealt with privately by our forum staff.  But so far in this thread, all we have is a bunch of strong political opinions being expressed, which is completely allowable within this Off-Topic Forum.

This Off-Topic forum is sort of our "release valve" to keep heated political discussions out of the Main Forum, while still allowing a degree of freedom to discuss issues and reply without fearing that our opinions will simply get wiped out by a Moderator.

Thanks for listening.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Yeah I see that. There'd be some that wouldn't return the car either. Or if they do return it, it's mangled beyond recognition.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first debate was a disaster, the like of which we've never seen before.  Two against one.  Two, sometimes three voices always going on at the same time.  Hopefully round two will be better.

It always turns my stomach whenever I see politicians becoming multimillionaires by being a... public servant???

That's probably most of them.

Trump was a multibillionaire who became a public servant.  Hmmm.  Now that's different.  A guy in the highest office that isn't for sale.  The Dems hate that and opposed him on everything just because they couldn't afford to give him a "win".  Unfortunately they are not serving the public when they are spending all their waking hours trying to impeach him based on the now revealed Hillary-baked-up Russian collusion as supported by our then president B. Husain Obama.  It took a little while then some of the Republicans seemed to not really like him either.  I guess they all just don't like the idea of simply getting things done instead of playing politics and sneaking in all kinds of bloat and special interests into otherwise good bills.

Joe said it best...
"Goats are like mushrooms. Because if you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters." - Joe Biden

It's sad to see Pelosi exploring the 25th Amendment to oust the president.  She said she isn't going to try that with Trump.  I believe her.  Apparently it requires the VP's support which Pence would never do.  But... Do you think Harris would throw Joe under the bus soon after he's elected?  In a heart beat.  And Joe doesn't even seem to realize it.  I'd give them a few months before they cast Joe to the curb and then we would see a Harris/Pelosi duo in power - packing the supreme court and surgically dismantling our Constitution.

Ok, enough.  I have to wind down so I can get some sleep tonight.  My ASV might be working overtime if I don't.
Sleep-on-pillow
RayBee

Post Reply Post Reply
NO the 25th will be used after the first 2 years. The 22 amendment set 2 terms for the election of President. But if the President dies or left office after 1 year 11 months and 30 days (less than 2 years) the President (old VP) can only run 1 more time.  So a total of less than 8 years. 

But if the VP takes over after 2 years then the President (old VP) can run for 2 more terms. So the total would be almost 10 years. 

Why else would he be made to pick a VP from California ( a state already a sure win in the Electoral College) and someone who was so disliked by most Dems she dropped out BEFORE the first primary?

Sorry- old US government teacher.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar     Dealing w DME     Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Non-party comment: at times in my youth I had wondered why my home area didn't get lots of snow while other areas of Pennsylvania did. Then I had to drive to D.C. a few times, and realized their hot air was blowing up I-270 and then I-70, keeping my locale too warm with high gusts of political HOT air. It does look as if the only good President I'll see in my lifetime was Ronald Reagan from the 1980's. It has been running downhill fast since.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently, Dave, you are younger than I. The only good President I've experienced was JFK!

Reagan grew up in the same county in Illinois I grew up in and for a farm boy he had some very strange ideas!
I suspect some of his ideas came from all those years of acting!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2020, 10:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Non-party comment: at times in my youth I had wondered why my home area didn't get lots of snow while other areas of Pennsylvania did. Then I had to drive to D.C. a few times, and realized their hot air was blowing up I-270 and then I-70, keeping my locale too warm with high gusts of political HOT air. It does look as if the only good President I'll see in my lifetime was Ronald Reagan from the 1980's. It has been running downhill fast since.

I believe we've hit bottom. unfortunately the alternative is not very appealing.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Obama Wasn't So Great Ay Debate Schnauzers 5 1 2,499 10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Last Post: cbramsey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.