Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presidential election.
Presidential election.
Sounds like the end of the world is approaching fast, and who knows, maybe it is. Businesses in large® cities are boarding up and closing in a matter of a few days until after the election. 

Heavily armed private security is in high demand. Residential high-end towers are doing the same. Sounds like the millionaires don't wanna be bothered by it all. 

LE is ramping up in an attempt to be pro-active and hopefully remain somewhat in control. I know many across the US and they all say this is a 1st for them, in regards to what they are preparing for. A Presidential election. Imagine that if you will. 

Never thought I'd see this first-hand in my lifetime.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Presidential election.
FWIW, I have had confirmation that my vote has been received by my county elections office. Confirmation via an email of PA elections office. Since I'm permanently disabled, I took the steps to have doc sign my request for permanent Absentee ballots to be sent. I did have to verify I was me via PA driver license and that had to match address with voter file data. It's difficult for me to stand in lines such as may be present at the polling place.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 09:06 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Sounds like the end of the world is approaching fast, and who knows, maybe it is. Businesses in large® cities are boarding up and closing in a matter of a few days until after the election. 

Heavily armed private security is in high demand. Residential high-end towers are doing the same. Sounds like the millionaires don't wanna vb bothered by it all. 

LE is ramping up in an attempt to be pro-active and hopefully remain somewhat in control. I know many across the US and they all say this is a 1st for them, in regards to what they are preparing for. A Presidential election. Imagine that if you will. 

I'm curious.hat is your source for this? There are a lot of rumors floating around. I'll just be glad when this election is behind us.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I voted absentee in the primary election, and was automatically signed up to receive an absentee ballot for the November election. I had to complete a form and send it to the State to cancel that and vote in person. There are a lot of absentee ballots in PA but as far as I know this state does not send any unsolicited mail-in ballots, and anyone getting an absentee ballot must be a properly registered and identified voter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-30-2020, 09:47 PM)Melman Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:06 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Sounds like the end of the world is approaching fast, and who knows, maybe it is. Businesses in large® cities are boarding up and closing in a matter of a few days until after the election. 

Heavily armed private security is in high demand. Residential high-end towers are doing the same. Sounds like the millionaires don't wanna vb bothered by it all. 

I'm curious.hat is your source for this? There are a lot of rumors floating around. I'll just be glad when this election is behind us.

I catch bits & pieces of the news via various news outlets and sources. That, and speaking first hand to those I know that are currently serving in LE. 

All the indicators are present, and LE is stepping up in a big way to meet the demand.

And yes, I too, am anxiously awaiting for this election to be over. I'm so sick & tired of the grossly negative political ads I could throw up.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I've gathered about PA ballots Sleeprider. No unsolicited ballots. Funny, I have to ID myself to vote by way of absentee but no ID at the polling location. Just my name and address that I'd sign under.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In PA they actually require you to sign the vote register at the polling place. I suppose they could signature match to your registration if there was ever any question, but I am not aware of any vote ever being rejected on the basis of a signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-31-2020, 08:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In PA they actually require you to sign the vote register at the polling place. I suppose they could signature match to your registration if there was ever any question, but I am not aware of any vote ever being rejected on the basis of a signature.

Even if the signatures don't match on mail-in ballots, now they cannot legally reject the ballot.  This was decided by the state Supreme Court about a week ago:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-el...t-n1244585

I would presume that if they can't reject a mail-in ballot on the basis of signature mis-match, that same court would likely rule the same for in-person polling place mis-matches as well.  Same basic principle would apply (not that I agree with it).

So SR, I guess you could go to all the polling places in PA and claim you're someone you're not, forge anyone's signature, and you'd get get to vote as many times as you want, as long as you simply had their name & address.  Heck, if you change your appearance each time, you might even get away with it several times at the very same polling location.   Bigwink

I can see it now... poll worker says to SR, "Gee Mr. Horowitz, you look very good for someone who's 134 years old!  How do you stay so fit and young-looking?"   Big Grinnie

Welcome to the new system.  PA is now like here in IL (Chicago) where the saying is "Vote early and vote often!".   Too-funny

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure you send in all the mail in ballots you didn't ask for. Fluffy and Spot need to vote too. Several weeks ago here in PA some mail in ballots were found delivered to the "polling place" at the bottom of the ditch.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
From an outsiders perspective all I can see is the mainstream media driving their own agendas, be it left or right wing. This is probably why there is some degree of fear in the streets.

Where are the centrists and moderates? Is there a media outlet in the US that is MOTR?

One thing that may need to be taken into account (and it seems to be backed up by current election results both here in Australia and in NZ). In a time of crisis, people tend to stick with the status quo.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Debate Big Guy 43 1,132 10-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.