Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presidential election.
RE: Presidential election.
My mother was Canadian, all my cousins are laughing at me, you can guess why.

The trouble is I agree with them.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I agree also, but can't bring myself to laugh.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
A "no-climb " fence has been erected surrounding the White House. Businesses in large cities across our nation are closing and boarding up their windows. LE has stepped up proportionately to try and control any possible uprisings. National Guard is on notice / standby, and in some cities, already in place. 

Trump says rioters / looters will be arrested and prosecuted. It this what our nation has sunk to? 

Is this going to be the new normal for us?  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
It's prudent precautions.  If I had a business in an inner city area, I'd be boarding up windows and/or taking other precautions as well.

After your business is burnt the ground is not the time to think about such things.  The time to take action is prior to any trouble.

Just part of life - this country has experienced many riots/looting situations, some recently, some not so recently.  I don't like it, nor does anyone that I know.  It's just a fact that folks have to deal with, unfortunately.

So to answer your question "It this what our nation has sunk to?", I'd say yes, this is what our nation has sunk to.

When you say "Will this become the new normal?", I'd have to ask what you mean by "this"?

If "this" means rioting and looting - that's nothing new - although it increased dramatically in recent months.  If "this" means business owners and government taking actions to mitigate damage to people and property-- that's nothing new either - it's only increased recently in response to the increase of  riots & looting.

Either way, the average individual has little power to stop any of this.  About the best you can do is make sure you, your family and friends are somewhat prepared for potential issues.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Oh, I can and do understand businesses taking precautions in this day & age. Far too many didn't take any precautions in the recent past and they suffered accordingly for it. 

When I mentioned "this", I was referring to the rioting and looting that occurs when things don't turn out right as far as some are concerned. 

When it comes to LE, I am biased and don't deny it. It's a tough profession to be in, and it's gotten worse just within the last 10 yrs. or so. As in ANY career field or profession, humans 100% dominate and you are going to find those that don't measure up. 

Simply put, no matter the race, age, or gender, if you have a weapon and are threatening the well-being of those around you, and the police are called and confront you, if you don't cooperate, there's an extremely good chance that you will be seriously injured or killed. Being drunk, drug impaired, crazy, or just off your meds, or if you have a standing history of mental health issues, won't change things. 

Cops can't carry a psycho-therapist around in their back pockets. And, very few are trained to conduct therapy on-the-spot and while under intense pressure. And yet, there are those demanding that just a program be developed. 

Anyways, it's become crazy and things aren't trending downwards at all. If anything, indicators are showing just the opposite. 

"Either way, the average individual has little power to stop any of this.  About the best you can do is make sure you, your family and friends are somewhat prepared for potential issues".

Your above statement couldn't be any more true! As an individual, all that we can do is to protect our own and do what you feel you need to do to be better prepared for future incidents. 
Post Reply Post Reply
All I know, is I woke up this morning and the sun was shining, the weather was great and I broke into the well known John Denver song,  "Sunshine, on my Trump sign, makes me happy". Then I went and stood in line for an hour and voted.  You'll never guess who.

[Image: ODEESBGl.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Then I went and stood in line for an hour and voted.  You'll never guess who.

You wrote in Bernie Sanders, did 'ya?

Too-funny
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I usually stay up late to see who actually won a Presidential election.

If I do that this time, I ain't gonna get no sleep 'til December... Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
It may sound silly, but I'm kind of holding out some hope that 2020 was just a bump in the road, and things will be better once over it.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Trump has declared that my vote is fraudulent. That it cannot be counted, and that he is going to the supreme court to ensure that it is not counted.

I know many of you here are staunch supporters of Trump. It is for reasons like this that I can never be.

I spent a lot of years as a "looser", a member of our military defending the right to oppose my beliefs, defending our right to vote, and now the idiot that calls himself president says votes cast early cannot be counted after election day, even though it was mostly republican lawmakers that enabled this system.

Why vote at all? I'm sure Trump would be happy to certify all elections by presidential proclamation.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Debate Big Guy 43 1,177 10-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.