Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Presidential election.
RE: Presidential election.
Well said SS. Time for a truce.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Wow, had I known, I would have hand written-in SuperSleeper for President on my Ballot.   Coffee
Or at least first dog walker for the first dog.
Woof woof, and pay no attention to my avatar.  Oh-jeez 
Well said boss.

BTW...
This is pretty interesting:
The Elite Deceit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q92fMd1jXB4&t=713s
Watch the The Epoch Times adds too - also very interesting stuff.

And this one is pretty dry, but very good, for the data junkies and techno-nerds of the group: (Be forewarned of a little colorful language outburst)
Benford’s Law Election Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VBK2BU0...e=youtu.be
RayBee

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup......politics and elections can and does bring out some of the worst in people.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2020, 08:24 PM)Melman Wrote: Well said SS. Time for a truce.

Thanks Melman... just to spring-board off your statement a bit... allow me to say some things to our members:

To be clear, I'm not calling for a "truce" where all sides quit discussing politics or the elections.  I'm just appealing to all participants to not take heated political discussion as a personal attack, nor equate someone's critique of a particular politician as some sort of attack upon another forum member.

I'm simply recommending that everyone involved have very thick skin if they want to read what's posted here, and don't come to "the management" to ask us to restrict another forum member simply because you can't articulate your own points in a convincing manner, so you instead ask the staff here to "silence your opposition".  EITHER defend your own position yourself with convincing, rational, civil words, OR don't bother reading what's posted in Off-Topic. 

The staff here isn't going to do your work for you, nor will we subject our members to censorship, regardless of where they are on the political spectrum.  The only time we edit or remove posts is when someone violates a forum rule.

This is the way Apnea Board has operated since it's beginning over 16 years ago in 2004.  And no, I don't think (as some have written to me) that allowing heated political discussion "will destroy the forum".  It didn't destroy the forum YET anyway (in over 16 years), and I sincerely doubt that allowing open speech here now will have any long term negative effects, other than a few unbalanced members losing their sanity because they allowed someone else to get under their skin, and allowed opposing opinions to trigger them into an emotional frenzy.  If they allow such things, that's their own fault.

So, like I said, feel completely free to continue the conversation.  Simply keep all the political discussion here (in the Off-Topic Forum) and don't let it spill over into other areas of Apnea Board.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You can read my opinion in the next Pew Poll. While my advice is generally worth 2-cents, they pay me 5-bucks...so much for my worthless opinions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to give an example of what's allowed and what's not allowed...

Personal attacks against other forum members are not allowed.  Personal attacks against politicians is allowable.

Example:

Allowed:
Member6677 says, "Congressman Smith is the most corrupt immoral representative we've ever had!"

Not allowed:
Member4953 replies, "You're an idiot moron if you think that about Congressman Smith!"

See the difference here?  In the first example, you're not personally attacking a forum member.  In the second example, you are personally attacking a forum member

Okay, enough lessons for today.   Too-funny
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
P&R is allowed on another forum I'm a member of. There, is does get mean & nasty. No holds are barred there. It's basically a take no prisoners mentality. 

Members that you thought you knew rather well, end up showing their true colors. All of a sudden, you are no longer on speaking terms with them, and you end up being bitter enemies. 

And yet, another forum I'm a member of, did away with P&R just because of the grief it causes. The forum no longer even tolerates subjects / topics even remotely being P&R. You get a warning or two, and then banned if you continue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Just a suggestion, but if a member here finds themselves getting all upset and emotional about what's discussed in the Off-Topic forum, probably the best thing they could do is leave here and go to the Main Forum or the Software Support Forum and see if they can find someone else to help with their problems.  Get your thoughts off yourself and your own issues and focus on the needs of others.

Helping other people has a way of calming you down, giving you perspective and helps you realize that in the vast scheme of things, all that's going to matter in the end is how many folks you've helped along the way.

Yeah, I know... more lessons... last one for the day, I promise.   Too-funny
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
It's OK Boss. You're allowed as much lesson time as you want. It served as a good reminder to me that political talk is an easy way to drive others away and to instill newfound voluntary madness.

off to get a snack Eat-popcorn Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's all good and the election is over, but you'd never know it by all the fussing that is still going on.  Oh-jeez

I'm just so happy to have all the political ads done with on tv.  like
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Debate Big Guy 43 1,113 10-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.