Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] 4/25/2
4/25/2
I use a ResMed S9 auto and just had a new sleep test (5th one in 12years) the study came back with a pressure set 4/25/2. Could anyone explain what this means? Thank You and have a Blessed WeekSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 4/25/2
Welcome to ApneaBoard markds!

Not sure what that means, but someone else will probably chime in soon and give their opinion.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess would be starting pressure/max pressure/pressure relief?

But I'm a completely n00b with this so take it with a grain of salt.

25 is really high for pressure, if this is true.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly which S9 do you have? Look near the start button. I bet it says VPAP Auto.
The Autoset cannot run up to 25 cm-H2O. But the VPAP (bilevel) can.

The Rx looks like min EPAP is set to 4 cm-H2O. Max IPAP is set to 25 cm-H2O. And PS = 2 cm-H2O.
It won't go up to 25 cm-H2O unless it scores events that result in it "thinking" it needs it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 08:13 AM)justMongo Wrote: Exactly which S9 do you have? Look near the start button. I bet it says VPAP Auto.

The Rx looks like min EPAP is set to 4 cm-H2O. Max IPAP is set to 25 cm-H2O. And PS = 2 cm-H2O.
It won't go up to 25 cm-H2O unless it scores events that result in it "thinking" it needs it.
You are right VPAP AUTO. Thank You. Looks like it was set at 12/16 before, was not sure what the third number means. This is my 4th machine in 12 years and trying to learn more about it as I'm not getting very good support lately from the health care company.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 09:16 AM)markds Wrote:
(11-24-2015, 08:13 AM)justMongo Wrote: Exactly which S9 do you have? Look near the start button. I bet it says VPAP Auto.

You are right VPAP AUTO. Thank You. Looks like it was set at 12/16 before, was not sure what the third number means. This is my 4th machine in 12 years and trying to learn more about it as I'm not getting very good support lately from the health care company.

The 2 means it will maintain a constant split between EPAP pressure and IPAP pressure such that IPAP - EPAP = 2. This is called pressure support. While always maintaining that difference, the IPAP and EPAP pressure can auto range such that EPAP is always greater than or equal to 4 (EPAP min.) And IPAP is not greater than 25 (IPAP max.)

The doc has set your machine wide open -- given it free reign to operate over a wide range of pressures.

In the future, when a data pattern has been established, that window may be narrowed.

Get one or both sets of software for your machine. Follow your therapy; and look at the flow, pressure and event graphs in context to with the other graphs.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, consider what your last machine was set at and whether you can tolerate such a low staring pressure. While the machine is an auto bilevel, starting too low can be uncomfortable and give you a sense of air starvation. If you are accustomed to higher pressures, you may want to bump that EPAP MIN up from 4.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2015, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Mark, consider what your last machine was set at and whether you can tolerate such a low staring pressure. While the machine is an auto bilevel, starting too low can be uncomfortable and give you a sense of air starvation. If you are accustomed to higher pressures, you may want to bump that EPAP MIN up from 4.0.

His Rx settings would give him 6 IPAP to start.
(EPAPmin + PS)
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi markds,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting it fine tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.