Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] AHI varies from night to night
AHI varies from night to night
I am new to the forum and CPAP, having been diagnosed two months ago with an AHI of 49.5.  This forum has helped me to make adjustments and was able to bring my AHI down to what I thought were good levels.  The last several days, however, my numbers have been increasing and I don't know why.  I tried turning off the FLEX and ramp last night but that seemed to make things worse.  I seem to be sleeping okay for about four hours each night and then wake up and have a hard time sleeping the rest of the night.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.        
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI varies from night to night
Have you tried a higher pressure?  Maybe like 9 min 12 max or something in that range?  Obviously everyone is different but 7 was not high enough for me and is pretty low.  10 was better but I settled in at 12 and my max is usually set to 15.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with higher pressure and found it very uncomfortable, but perhaps I just needed to get used to it. I also was having a lot of CA's, and concluded that the pressure might be too high after reading here. I also noticed that most of my CA's seemed to be at times that I thought I was actually awake (I'm not sure if that's normal). When I lowered the pressure my CA's went down. I really haven't had a lot of OA's until the past few nights, and last night was the first adjustment I have made in over a month. I typically sleep 7.5 to 8 hours per night, and my OA's have been 1,0,0,2,3,16,6 and 56 the past 8 nights. My hypopneas have been in the 20's each night, which seems high also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Watch your chin, it's tucking to the point where it is causing obstructive events, and that is throwing everytining off. Look at the Soft Cervical Collar lonk in my signatureand if this is now typical you need to get one. FYI pressure will NOT fix this, at least until you go well above the 0.68psi your machine is capable
of and is absolutely not recommended.

Any changes in your pillow or anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I haven't had any changes to pillow. I was wondering if the collar might help. I often have clusters of HA's and CA's, but my OA's have been low until the past few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I vary from .4 to 2.5 AHI. Usually 1.0 or lower. 1 night it will be .4 and the next night 2.5 and the 3rd night 1.0. Anyone know what causes this vari of AHI? Use a S-10 with Epr on and pressure on 16.0. No changes i my health or feelings before sacking out for 8-10 rs a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is (I haven't seen enough data, different days showing what is happening) is Central Apnea is being its normal consistently inconsistent self.
The other item is that your chi9n tucking is inconsistent, we want it gone, thus the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 179 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 149 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,404 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Middle of the night wakeup SteveC 1 125 04-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 131 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 241 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  first night stanleyv28 9 349 03-31-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stanleyv28

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.