Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] AHI vs. exhaustion
RE: AHI vs. exhaustion
(11-09-2015, 03:14 PM)esrepairman Wrote: All the above are good points, but you assume that your machine says 10.0 it is actually blowing at 10.0. Your machine may not be working properly, it can happen. We just had a patient come in today, with a pressure of 14 and his CPAP was only blowing 11.4 and he was snoring and feeling like "crap" (his words). Ask your DME to check your machine with a digital manometer.

Personally I would rather see a water gauge as it self calibrates but point well taken.Thanks

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2015, 03:14 PM)esrepairman Wrote: All the above are good points, but you assume that your machine says 10.0 it is actually blowing at 10.0. Your machine may not be working properly, it can happen. We just had a patient come in today, with a pressure of 14 and his CPAP was only blowing 11.4 and he was snoring and feeling like "crap" (his words). Ask your DME to check your machine with a digital manometer.

Interesting. I'm wondering if any of our members have checked their A10s stated pressure with a digital manometer and, if so, what result?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2015, 11:53 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Interesting. I'm wondering if any of our members have checked their A10s stated pressure with a digital manometer and, if so, what result?

I checked mine and my wife's PRS machines few months ago, using a high-tech analog pressure gauge. 8-)

http://www.efunda.com/formulae/fluids/manometer.cfm

Both were as correct as I could tell with a ruler.

I'd bring it in to my DME for a check but didn't want to walk out with another $400 mask and a spanking for sticking my nose in their business. 8-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple surgeries, consistent BiPAP user, still struggling with exhaustion erica721 5 721 11-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: erica721
  Newbie Struggling with Exhaustion hookedonstitch 14 1,408 03-15-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: hookedonstitch
  I'm new. Dying of exhaustion. Just got a machine - here's my story. michaelba72 13 3,296 08-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: michaelba72

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.