Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] APAP - 1 year in to therapy
APAP - 1 year in to therapy
Hello, 

This is my first time posting on here but I have been reading up lately after the Phillips recall and I just bought a Breas Z2 Auto.  I am one year in to my therapy and feel like it's helping but occasionally I am still waking up with sleep apnea headaches in the morning, should my AHIs be lower?  Most nights they range from 5-7.  Thanks in advance for any help,  I appreciate it.

Auto
Opti-Start On
Ez Start Off
5-10cmH2O
Humidifier off most nights
SmartRamp 0min
Flex Off

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APAP - 1 year in to therapy
Yes I'd consider that your events need to be better treated. Both Obstructive and Hypopnea events are fairly high from that OSCAR chart. At 7.x AHI you're still not medically treated, and can be a cause for your symptoms. Since these are Obstructive events, they need to be addressed with higher pressure than 5. With your 95% EPAP at 8.9, that's an indicator of where you'll need to be closer to. Respironics are slow on the response and require higher pressure or they miss events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave. I would put min8 max 15

I also would look at the possibility of positional apnea. You LOOK like you are sleeping in a position where you are cutting off your own airway. Chin tucking is when your chin drops to your Sternum, cutting off your air. It can be as simple as NOT sleeping on your back. Or having to high of pillows. 

Check out the link I’m my signature on collars. It shows people without collars and the same people who wear the collar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies!  I’ll keep monitoring this and see if the increase in pressure helps…. I just ordered a soft cervical collar too to see if that provides any improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 4 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,366 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,629 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.