Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] ASV optimal settings
ASV optimal settings
My Doctor switched me from Cpap Auto to BiPAP sv. I lowered the prescribed pressure and feel better now. The first image is of my first night with my Doctor's settings and the second is my own settings. My settings are lower than than the Doc's settings and I was wondering why I feel so much better. Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV optimal settings
(06-15-2016, 06:38 PM)Jimmy D Wrote: My Doctor switched me from Cpap Auto to BiPAP sv. I lowered the prescribed pressure and feel better now. The first image is of my first night with my Doctor's settings and the second is my own settings. My settings are lower than than the Doc's settings and I was wondering why I feel so much better. Thanks for your help!

Hi Jimmy D,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. I only see one of your screen shots (probably the first one). I would like to see the results of your lowered pressure settings. I do think that lower settings will trigger fewer Central Hypopneas due to the effect of the machine itself. My initial settings are EPAP 6 and IPAP 8. The real problem that I have is that I need the machines intervention to stop my Central Apnea problems. In your case it would be helpful if you could eventually post some screen shots of about 5 minutes in length. We could try to see what type of Hypopneas you are having and maybe make some suggestions based on our own experience. Your machine is quite sophisticated and should eventually be able to treat your situation.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rich, thanks for your input. For some reason I'm seeing both of my attachments from my end. I'm not sure why you can't view them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see both now. What big improvement. I think your machine now has more headroom to do its work. Still, post a screenshot of a group of Hypopneas (5 to 8 minutes) to get more feedback.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jimmy D,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this helps. The first graph is my first night of SV with my Doctor's settings. The second graph is my last night's settings.[attachment=2559][attachment=2559]
Post Reply Post Reply
That short duration screen shot is of classic periodic breathing. Your machine is not treating this at all. In some cases higher pressures cause this kind of breathing. Some members suggest reducing the amount of exhale pressure support to reduce the amount of CO2 being washed out of your system. Your current PS is a variable 3 cm to 10 cm H2O. That is quite a range. You might try reducing the range down from 10cm by 1 cm at a time and see if that reduces the Periodic Breathing. Other members may also provide suggestions as well. Whatever you do, do it slowly.

Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Can't download anymore files 200kb limit its reached.. oh well
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night's settings(my settings)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2016, 06:06 PM)Jimmy D Wrote: Here is last night's settings(my settings)

Again look at your PS (pressure support). Too much can cause CO2 washout and periodic breathing.

Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 463 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] How to tell if I am getting optimal results from my PAP treatment? TryingToGetItRight 7 1,088 10-06-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: McDee
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
Grin [Pressure] Not sure what optimal pressures are mrsleepyhead2001 2 669 08-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Is this a good way to figure out the optimal pressure settings? CorruptAlligator 6 2,233 09-16-2021, 02:34 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Optimal minimum pressure jakobankerhansen 3 1,494 08-03-2021, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.