Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Advice Needed
Advice Needed
Ok, so my brand spanking new fraction of the Australian price Resmed S9 Autoset is winging it's way from the States as we speak. So, was wondering what pressure range should I set it to?

This is my first auto so I'm really not sure what range I should do.

My history of fixed pressure is:

started at 5, was too low, went to 13 was too high,then finally down to 11. So I was thinking of between 6 and 13?Thinking-about

Any and all advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice Needed
Weeble, try it at that and after a week or two see if you need to adjust it. If the figures look ok and you feel good just leave it
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 01:51 AM)weeble Wrote: Ok, so my brand spanking new fraction of the Australian price Resmed S9 Autoset is winging it's way from the States as we speak. So, was wondering what pressure range should I set it to?

This is my first auto so I'm really not sure what range I should do.

My history of fixed pressure is:

started at 5, was too low, went to 13 was too high,then finally down to 11. So I was thinking of between 6 and 13?Thinking-about

Any and all advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

If it were me, I would try it from 10 to 14 for a few weeks, checking the data in ResScan and SleepyHead and then adjust accordingly. If the data says that you are at 13 or 14 pressure level 95% of the time, then I would adjust the pressure settings.

My set pressure initially was 12. I set my auto set from 12 to 20 to see what happened and 95% of the time, I was at 19.9. Just my opinion. Let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, interesting theories. Will do as Tez62 suggested and try it for a week and see what happens, if it just doesn't feel right, I will try what Me50 suggests. Will post results once I get going.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,856 3 hours ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 876 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,534 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.