Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Advice on changing pressure
Advice on changing pressure
I have been on my ASV machine for about 45 days now and I'm experiencing severe ringing in my ears and dizziness throughout the day sometimes. I've been looking at my OSCAR graphs to try and determine at what pressure levels this happens most. I have two nights recently where one night was very good and the other resulted in the ringing and dizziness. I'm going to try and set the pressure levels lower tonight but needed some advice. 

I'm on a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, so I can only change EPAP Max/Min and Pressure Support Max/Min. Not sure whether I should try lowering each by the same amount or just one or the other. 

Below are the two OSCAR graphs. The one from March 5th, is when I had no ringing the next day. The one from March 6th is the night that resulted in quite a bit of ringing. 

I would appreciate any advice on the setting changes and also, would love to hear from anyone that may have the same experience with ears ringing and dizziness.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on changing pressure
If you want lower pressure, the solution does not lie in settings, but in the use of a soft cervical collar. All of the peak pressure and pressure support periods are clusters of obstruction. I would change EPAP to a range of 5.0 to 9.0 and PS 3 to 10 and deal with the positional issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.