Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments
RE: Advice on pressure adjustments
(03-02-2024, 05:56 PM)akarifur Wrote: Oh nice, I wonder if that would work for switching from APAP to Bilevel? My current prescription is alright according to lofta but i need a doctors note saying "Ok to switch to bilevel" before they'll send it to me

The renew on the online prescription took care of that for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestion it worked out perfectly. I have my new Bilevel prescription and lofta should be sending my new machine out soon. With any hope will soon have a success story to share in the near future
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2024, 08:27 PM)akarifur Wrote: Thank you for the suggestion it worked out perfectly. I have my new Bilevel prescription and lofta should be sending my new machine out soon. With any hope will soon have a success story to share in the near future

That is great!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone again, So I have successfully acquired my new Bilevel machine (Resmed aircurve 11 vAuto). I have another followup on friday with Jason (AXG) but I'm curious what suggestions this community would have based off my data so far on bilevel. For information I have been trying 16 IPAP, 12 EPAP and then 17 IPAP, 13 EPAP.

First Night:

Third Night on 16:

Second Night on 17:

Post Reply Post Reply
Since your AC11 isn't currently playing well with OSCAR, let's try this. Set your mode from "S" to "VAuto". Use EPAP min of 12, the IPAP max to 17, and the PS to 4. This will yield a range of 12/16 to 13/17, encompassing your 2 settings. Additionally, set the TiMax to 3.2 and the Trigger to "High". Take these settings for an overnight snooze and see what the results are.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually tried VAuto mode last night. I can post the chart after work. It was set to epap min 10 ipap max 18 for fact finding. I think to max defaults to 3.2 but I’ll double check. My trigger though was medium. My ahi climbed to 7.9. Do you think the trigger might be the culprit?
Post Reply Post Reply
If your events were CAs, then yes, increasing Trigger sensitivity will help. I really need to see the results after a good session.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the image of last night's vAuto experiment

Do note you can ignore the start where the leaks are out of control, I was trying the Brevida mask and i had it too tight causing one of the pillows to invert itself and leak out of control.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, set the Trigger to High and stay off your back. See what happens.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2024, 07:21 PM)akarifur Wrote: Here is the image of last night's vAuto experiment

Do note you can ignore the start where the leaks are out of control, I was trying the Brevida mask and i had it too tight causing one of the pillows to invert itself and leak out of control.

I set my trigger on very high and that helped with my CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on CA Sackman101 2 45 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Sackman101
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 129 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,118 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 117 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 213 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 110 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 392 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.