Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Advice
RE: Pressure Advice
(03-11-2014, 12:19 AM)olmate Wrote: I just spent a bit of time organizing some snaps but Im over my limit to post them
how long does that last ?

after 20 posts, you get a little more quota. You can look in member help files and it explains all the levels and the requirements to reach those levels.

Until then, you will have to delete your previous data and post new data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Olmate, the high proportion of central (clear airway) apneas is a worry. Unlike obstructive apnea (in which your airway collapses physically blocking the flow of air) central apneas are caused by your brain "forgetting" to tell you to breathe. This might be brought on by the pressure of the CPAP treatment - fairly common, and likely to resolve itself with time. OR it might be something endogenous - you have a pre-existing condition. A third option is that they are caused by pressure but don't resolve. Finally, the machine can record centrals as you transition from wakefulness to sleep and vice versa - you will see clusters at the start and end of your sleep session, which are not really too much concern.

If the centrals don't go away, you will need a different type of machine to treat them (S9 VPAP Adapt or Respironics Bipap ASV). Your standard CPAP / APAP (ie an S9 Autoset) will recognise and record centrals, but doesn't have the ability to treat them. The ASV machines will treat them, but they are way expensive - around $4,000.

Following up my earlier comments, and Zonk's suggestion, you really should have that sleep study to get a proper baseline and overall diagnosis.
Post Reply Post Reply
any info would be appreciated

[attachment=757]
[attachment=758]
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post leak and pressure (not mask pressure) graphs

Post Reply Post Reply
ok

[attachment=759]feb 23
[attachment=760]march 10
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2014, 02:30 AM)olmate Wrote: ok

feb 23
march 10

will it let you keep these 2 graphs and post the one of your AHI's on the day that centrals were over 1/2 of your events? Where your AHI graph, leak graph and pressure graph are all on the day where you had centrals that were over 1/2 of the events.

imho, we need to see all 3 graphs for the same day.
Post Reply Post Reply
olmate I reckon you need to work on those leaks, tiz a pity CPAP silicone isn't invented yet.

My AHI seemed to follow my leaks, I got the leaks as good as I could get on the FFM, they were still to high so I switched to nasal pillows and chinstrap and that nailed it.

I think the mask leaks have to be minimized and re evaluate from there, from my own personal experience fixing leaks made a big difference.

ps... I have read in here about people using mask liners for leak and pressure sore issues, sorta like a gasket I suppose.
Post Reply Post Reply
these any good

[attachment=761]
[attachment=762]
Post Reply Post Reply
Feb 23 - not sure what happen here, 6.21am - 3.27 pm, unusual seeing before mid-day session and after mid-day session combined in one session
Noon is the start of a new CPAP day (tomorrow date)

10 March - Leak is well controlled, maybe little mouth breathing (chinstrap is recommended) but does not seem causing any problem
9+ hours sleep non-stop

Couple of suggestion: avoid sleeping on your back if possible and lower or turn off EPR, see what happen
It can be godsend to some people and the opposite is true for others ... everyone is different

Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='zonk' pid='62009' dateline='1394533043']
Feb 23 - not sure what happen here, 6.21am - 3.27 pm, unusual seeing before mid-day session and after mid-day session combined in one session
Noon is the start of a new CPAP day (tomorrow date)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks very much zonk
feb 23 was my first day i was giving it a try in the early period
I hadn't adjusted the time either

ok zonk i will try that setting tonight then leave it for a few weeks as is with minor tweaks maybe

Thank You Zonk and the others for the help your giving me Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,525 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 463 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 285 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,026 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 186 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.