Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure
RE: AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure
(01-27-2019, 05:43 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 05:33 PM)babag1 Wrote: Fred-The doctor, whoever he was, never saw him. He must have an office in China. He just reads the Sleep Center reports and prescribes them to our MD. 

The model is AirCurve 10 VAUTO.  Doesn't this mean it Auto?  "prescribe VAuto mode" you said. 
Talk to your MD  Ask him to Prescribe Auto Mode 
Ramp off
Min EPAP 8 (matches the Ramp to start)
Max IPAP 22 (matches the highest setting that you currently use
PS 4 Pressure Support (means to maintain a difference of 4 between EPAP and IPAP)

Sleeprider suggested Min EPAP 12 to start at a higher pressure than my suggestion because he thinks that would be a good pressure to manage most of your obstructive events and continue to use the ramp for comfort getting started.  Again this too is a very valid approach.

Fred
To be clear that is an Auto setting.  Change the mode to Auto.  Not "S"
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't agree you need permission to make changes. Get into settings as I showed in my first post.
1. Change to Vauto mode
2. EPAP min 12 cm
3. IPAP max 22 cm
4. PS 4.0

Exit and let us know how it works out. When you setup Vauto mode, the old settings remain in S-mode. They will still be there if you change your mind and want to return to the old settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2019, 05:55 PM)babag1 Wrote: Ok, Fred and Sleeprider-  

Changing the ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto from EPap 18 down to EPap 12 per Sleeprider.
Leaving the Ramp alone at 20 minutes per Sleeprider.

Sounds like both Agree. I hope so. Should be an interesting night. Will look at his AHI etc. in the am.

-babag

Sleeprider and Fred-Well, that didn't work so well. His EPap was changed from 18 to 12 per Sleeprider. He slept fine without any mask leaking. BUT, his AHI went from almost zero to 60. Perhaps I should change his EPap back to just from the original 18 to 17 like Fred suggested first. What do you guys think?

Babag1
Post Reply Post Reply
What mode are you in?
Post Reply Post Reply
You left it in fixed mode, didn't you? Please don't tell me you changed EPAP to 12 and left IPAP at 22! I would never, ever tell you to reduce EPAP by that much unless the machine was setup to increase pressure as needed in Vauto mode. It sure would be nice if you would get a chart to post. Are the apnea all obstructive and hypopnea? If so, then his titration at 22/18 is probably based on some good reasons. If you changed him to 22/12, then the centrals you caused are not my fault!.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider- Mode? I assume you mean Vauto. Not sure what "Mode" means except it was already "fixed" that way. I just did what I thought what I read you said-Quote-"RE: AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure
I don't agree you need permission to make changes. Get into settings as I showed in my first post.
1. Change to Vauto mode
2. EPAP min 12 cm
3. IPAP max 22 cm
4. PS 4.0

Yes, this is what I did last night. His AHI went from almost zero to over 60. I have changed it back today. That was the only change I had made. Not your fault, just Bad me.

babag1
Post Reply Post Reply
Put it in "Auto" mode, Sleepyhead shows mine is in "VPAPauto" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know which Mode it's in and I don't know how to change it. I just changed the Ipap to 21 from 22 and the Epap to 17 from 18 and will see how that does.  I know you are an expert and changing Modes isn't my bag. I am just an old bag. 

You still there?  Bizzard in MI. and I have nothing else to do but this. Be patient. 

-babag
Post Reply Post Reply
To access the Clinical Menu:
Press and hold the dial and the Home button for three seconds.

The Home screen is displayed with an unlock icon in the top right corner of the screen

To exit the Clinical Menu:
 Press and hold the dial and the Home button for three seconds.
 Select Exit Clinical Menu from the Home screen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 144 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.