Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog
5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog
Hi everyone!

As the subject states, I'm a little over 5 months into using my APAP daily. I started with an AirMini w/F30, then moved to a P10 & mouth tape. I now use an AirSense 10 + P10 so that I have access to my sleep data. I do feel a lot better than before I started using my APAP, but I still wake up most days with brain fog and am extremely tired after ~8-8.5h of sleep.

My AHI is good, but it also was good during my sleep study. My diagnosis was primarily based on my RDI. I actually have yet to sleep without my machine, I've tried to be as consistent and committed as possible. I wanted to see if I could get some help with interpreting my data as I feel like there's still much to be gained with my treatment.

Thanks so much in advance!

Zac
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 Months Into Therapy, Still Tired w/Brain Fog
You have too much flow limitations
Increase the min pressure to 6-8 and decrease max pressure to 14-16
Keep epr at 2, turn off auto ramp or set ramp time to 15 min manually and increase ramp pressure to 5,
try this setting for three nights and post results
Post Reply Post Reply
Your problem is that you have set your min to 4.  4 is the absolute lowest the machine can go and it just is not enough for a normal person.  Children use 4 not adults.  Also the Flow limits are high and we treat them with EPR (exhale pressure relief), you have yours set to 2 BUT that setting is doing NOTHING.  How EPR works is it subtracts the EPR from the min to make breathing out easier.  It does that but it also helps with flow limits.  

Flow limits are apnea also they are smaller but apnea all the same.  Resmed raises pressure when it finds flow limits so they will not turn into larger events (H and O).

To make EPR works you need to have the setting to full time EPR 3 AND move the min up.  I would set the min 8 and see how that feels.   Your numbers are such that "how you feel" is the most important part now.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for the recommendations, I really appreciate it. I'll try a couple of nights with the new settings and report back. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it's just me but (with all due respect to staceyburke) I feel much better at 7 than at 8. And with a minimum of 7, EPR will work fully (whereas at 4 EPR will not work at all).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 228 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 45 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 84 Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.