Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] AirSense 10 (C2C) -- How to set initial pressure
AirSense 10 (C2C) -- How to set initial pressure
Hello Apnea folks,

Yesterday I got my new ResMed AirSense 10 Card-to-Cloud machine and last night I took it for a spin; the good news is I had a good night's sleep.

Now for the rub, for the last 15 years I've been using an old Respironics REMstarPro machine which features both a ramped up start and a full pressure start; I prefer the latter.  To attempt to replicate the start of the REMstarPro I set the "Ramp Time" function of my AirSense 10 to "Off"; much to my dismay the initial pressure starts at 4.0 and pretty much stays there, for, well, not sure how long, but probably until I fall asleep.  At some point during the night I noticed pretty good pressure which was confirmed by the display showing 12.4, and all was well until I got up for a bathroom visit; when I restarted the machine it reverted to 4.  The problem with this is for the duration of the pressure being on 4 I feel like I'm literally gasping for air, which yeah, is pretty uncomfortable; it got so bad last night I considered digging my old REMstarPro out of the closet and reverting to it.

Now for my question; is there anyway to configure the AirSense 10 to ramp immediately up to full pressure and stay there?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 (C2C) -- How to set initial pressure
Turn off the ramp. It will run your min pressure setting.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your min pressure setting? The factory default is 4 cm H2O, and max 20. That's what you'll get if it wasn't set up by your DME's therapist.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so it looks like with Ramp off the machine will default to 4, so y'all have confirmed what I've suspected, thanks I appreciate it.

I purchased my machine from Supplier #1 so I'm guessing they didn't do much but leave the machine at it's default settings.

Is there something I can do to change the default minimum pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Brief Instrctions :

ResMed AirSense 11 Series: 
For Setup Instructions with pictures, click here -> https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info 

While looking at the main screen, simultaneously press and hold the two buttons (labeled "My Options" & "My Sleep View") for 3+ seconds until the screen transitions to the "Clinical Home" screen. 

For a short video of this procedure, click here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp24i4sZyUs
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The A10 card-to-cloud can be set in Cpap or auto mode. You will need to get into the clinician menu and set a minimum and maximum pressure.

Since you want to replicate the settings on your REMstarPro, tell us what settings you were using.  If you don't know, then go with a setting of 12cm in CPAP Mode, with RAMP set to OFF.

Did you use any of the Flex settings on your RemStarPro? If yes, set the A10 to EPR 2.

If you want to try auto set mode, try 12 min and 15 max, with Ramp off, EPR 2.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
While the AirSense 11 instructions didn't really apply to how the AirSense 10 operates, it gave me the idea of depressing the Home and Dial buttons simultaneously, and presto-chango, I got the Clinical Menu. From there I selected Settings and was able to see/confirm my min/max settings were 4/20. I changed them to 12/20 and will give the new settings a try tonight.

Thanks for your help everybody!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about that... I'm so used to people just learning about the AS11 that it ididn't really click.

I'm glad you got it sorted out
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! Let us know how it goes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day two update...

Last night I tried out my new machine with the Ramp disabled and the minimum pressure set to 12; all I can say is "Perfect!" I was asleep within a couple minutes of hitting the On button. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 929 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 333 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,320 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,951 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 837 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.