Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Another newbie problem
Smile 
RE: Another newbie problem
(03-12-2014, 08:19 AM)Johnd80 Wrote: Thank you gabby and Herbm, I have 2 weeks till my next visit to the sleep tech. So I will try all suggestions and get back to you.
Kind Regards
John

Hi folks
Having read your replies and everything else I could find I have now tried a Quattro Air FFM and although I have tried it for only 2 nights it's the best one yet.
It doesn't leak and is very light. So it's onwards and upwards I hope from now on. Regards
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CPAPpers
I have now tried a quattro Air Full face mask and that seals ok, hardly any leaks.
Whilst I have the chance during my trial, tonight I will switch to the quattro Mirage FFM. I have also been promised a trial of the fisher & Paykel Simplis so it will be interesting to see which is best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the updates Johnd80, eager to hear how you are making out with the various masks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I have found that the quattro Air and the F&P Simplus are good and both seal OK.
The Simplus feels a little more comfortable and less inclined to move. The area around the mouth is slightly larger than the Air and the silicon surround is wider.
I will be choosing the Simplus.
The main difference with masks leaking has been to use a firm foam pillow and to sleep with my head right at the edge so that the mask is hanging over the edge in mid air. Pictures of the CPAP pillow on sale show what I mean. You could make your own I guess.
Hope my newbie commentary helps someone.
I have my second sleep study tonight.Cheers. John
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update John. So pleased you have made a decision on a mask. I have read a bit about the Simplus and if I decide to go ahead and get a FF mask at any time that would be the one I would go for, fantastic reviews.
We all have to find our own little tricks etc to make ours masks comfortable and help stop the leaks. Happy you have found what works for you.
Good luck with your sleep test tonight.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 04:41 AM)Johnd80 Wrote: Now my cheeks become inflated and after a while air escapes with a loud noise.
Sounds a lot like my experience. So far, the best solution I have found is a F&P Simplus ffm with a chin strap to keep my mouth shut when I roll on to my back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Johnd80.

I also have a fixed pressure of 10 although. I noticed when I began CPAP and nothing was natural about it, I had pressure build up that puffed out my cheeks and popped my mouth open. I don't seem to notice pressure build up anymore. There are times I deliberately open my mouth to see if there is any air there because I don't feel the pressure from it as I once did. In the beginning I think I tended to force my breathing in and out rather than letting it happen naturally. I assume I have become more comfortable with naturally inhaling and exhaling and it has leveled out. I use nasal pillows and I don't breath through my mouth. A chin strap might solve that problem for you. Many have had success with them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.