Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Bi-Flex Difficulties
Bi-Flex Difficulties
I was recently switched to a Dreamstation Bi-Pap machine with higher pressures of 24/19.  I really didn't notice much difference compared to my previous CPAP machine at a pressure of 20.  After accessing the Provider Menu and turned the Bi-Flex from 3 to OFF, I had a fairly dramatic improvement in my daytime sleepiness.  I was under the impression the Bi-Flex feature was to improve comfort without impacting pressure effectiveness, but that sure wasn't the case for me.  Anyone else experience this with Bi-Flex?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bi-Flex Difficulties
I never used it. I could never figure out the need of Flex with a BiPap. I figured if you needed relief you just adjusted the pressure support.

I now use a VAUTO and Resmed must agree with me because they don't use flex on it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bi-Flex Difficulties
When I use the Respironics BiPAP Auto I use a Biflex setting of 1. Anything higher is a mess. That said, just go through the threads on the forum and look at people having problems with Respironics machines and using CFlex, AFlex and BiFlex. It is an absolute disaster for some people. I try to give due respect to the Philips Respironics machines, but I think they need to re-think this. It has been around since 1998 and never improved. All I can say is get a Resmed if you can.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difficulties with BiPAP cpapnewbie18 6 764 01-25-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] Breathing difficulties Sleeptalker 0 463 06-28-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Sleeptalker
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,950 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex aavenger 6 1,353 11-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 846 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
  [Equipment] Help solving power issue (REMstar Auto A-Flex cycling off/on during use)) RhythmMachine 2 878 07-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: RhythmMachine
  Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex Greg Schultz 2 858 05-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.