Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] BiLevel titration study
BiLevel titration study
This titration was done in a sleep lab with all the bells and whistles.

The time spent at each bilevel pressure combination seems very limited to me.
How would they decide that 14/9 cm-H2O was best based on this data???? (Looks like data after 14/9 was all too short in duration to even consider -- so, they picked 14/9)

And, am I seeing mostly central events?
Why select a VPAP S if CA is a problem. Isn't a timed mode also needed for CA?

[Image: Poly_08AUG2009005_zps9d33ff3b.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiLevel titration study
Hi justMongo
This titration protocol guide from Phillips Respironcis might help answer your question
http://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/1002...fGuide.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2013, 07:28 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi justMongo
This titration protocol guide from Phillips Respironcis might help answer your question
http://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/1002...fGuide.pdf

Excellent.. thank you. I've not seen that.

Can anyone define the term: Tidal Volume?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2013, 08:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: Can anyone define the term: Tidal Volume?

From the Apnea Board Wiki Definitions page (here):

Tidal Volume -
The amount of air that passes in and out of the lungs in an ordinary breath. Usually expressed in liters.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2013, 08:13 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 08:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: Can anyone define the term: Tidal Volume?

From the Apnea Board Wiki Definitions page (here):

Tidal Volume -
The amount of air that passes in and out of the lungs in an ordinary breath. Usually expressed in liters.

The only thing I wish, is besides a 'definition', there would also be more info like - more is better - or, an average person has a VT of XX - or - something to explain how to use this data item - is less better, is more better? Does this make sense?

I've read the entire list, and on many data points I find myself asking these types of questions, so wouldn't more info be a good thing?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with PeterC. Having some indication of a target value would make the definitions much more useful to those seeking knowledge.
Post Reply Post Reply
We're always looking for new Wiki Editors who can help expand the Wiki articles with info like that.

Read this thread for more info if you're interested:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Board-Wiki

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of hard to edit something you do not understand and/or are not knowledgeable about - hence my suggestion Tongue
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2013, 10:16 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Kind of hard to edit something you do not understand and/or are not knowledgeable about - hence my suggestion Tongue

Agreed. I don't totally understand it myself; perhaps someone here does who might offer a full explanation that can be included in a Wiki article.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2013, 11:29 AM)Peter_C Wrote: The only thing I wish, is besides a 'definition', there would also be more info like - more is better - or, an average person has a VT of XX - or - something to explain how to use this data item - is less better, is more better? Does this make sense?

Now that you're a Wiki Editor, Peter.. if you or someone else wants to create an article on Tidal Volume, that might be a good thing. The Definitions & Glossary Wiki Page isn't intended to be a complete article on any one subject - it's only a short definition. So the way to go is probably to create a new Wiki article on Tidal Volume perhaps.

Just a thought. Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,139 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 168 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,386 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,765 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 17 479 04-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.