Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Bipap ST to Bipap Auto sv advanced pressure settings
RE: Bipap ST to Bipap Auto sv advanced pressure settings
Oh I am NOT complaining...you should read my early threads...

Funny I used to say the same thing, I would kill to get below 10...

But I am thinking I can even improve on that..I have had zero nights...

So they are possible so I thought a little tweak could help.

See:

[Image: 518BESTnightEVER_zpsb55b87e4.jpg]

And this is from a real battle I have had with all of this...

Really do real my threads...

Rich

PS I just noted I was running EPAP Min of 9.0 so perhaps higher will help...I had dropped to 8...

(06-23-2013, 12:02 PM)spdklls99 Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 06:42 AM)racprops Wrote: Well I tried changing the PS Min setting, and with 1.5 I got a inhale pressure of 10.5 CM and it was not working for me...it seemed like I had trouble exhaling, so I dropped it back to only 1.0 and it was better.

See: The second sleep cycle was lower.

Well back to sleep.

Rich

Your AHI is 3.9
I would kill for an AHI that low...anything under 5 is normal
Your settings are working just like they should as far as I see
Why do you keep complaining its not good enough and wanting it even better? I doubt mine will ever get that low but would SO HAPPY and content if it ever does.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK after a week of better sleep I think I can say the battle is over.

Each day I feel better. It still is a up and down thing but the highs are getting higher and the lows less low.

I hope these threads and my battle/journey will help others.

I know all of the help and suggestions I received from here and another site and from the Vender I got the second hand system from all made this possible.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
I did read thru most all your other threads...most all of them seem to be you not being satisfied with your results & repeatedly asking for more advice on settings ?
maybe I am wrong about that and just reading them the wrong way...sorry if I am...and no problem with that either anyway..thats what this forum is here for......it's just your results already look pretty darn awesome (as is) from this side of the fence.
If I ever get down as low as you on AHI- patient triggered breaths, ect ect.....guess I would also keep tweaking to try and get the absolute best possible result that was possible too...theres a bit of perfectionist in all of us
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
For the past two months I fought to figure out why every so often it seemed to work and why most of the time it did not work.

I just knew there was an answer and what I finally figured out was I had positional apneas on top of all the rest.

But then I spent a couple of weeks trying to find the correct position within my recliner that worked...as it had a couple of times...only to keep coming up wrong.

The crazy way these ASV machines work and seem to have a mind of their own and over ride the settings really had me thinking I had a bad machine...but at last I felt it was not running wild and relaxed and worked with it, I got better.

At long last I stumbled onto the fact is was not sleeping sitting up nor any number of different levels of reclining, it was rather if I sleep slight off to one side...

I have to sleep on my sides. and the more I turn onto my back the higher my AHI goes.

But on my side I can get ZEROs...no AHIs.

Then and still I have problems with pain and currently take a prescribed pain pill each night.

I plan on doing this for another week and then see if my body has gotten used to sleeping on my side again and hope to get off the pain pills.

So yes I keep complaining and researching because I felt it should be a little easier to get this to work.

And IT would have been IF I had heard of positional apneas earlier.

That was the big problem to crack.

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
my Gf will nudge me to wake me up all the time and say.."roll over off your back" because she hears me stopping breathing alot worse on my back...My problem is..I always tend to end up on my back for half the night or so even tho I always fall asleep on my sides...I am hoping the Auto sv I have coming sometime tomorrow would overcome this "back sleeping" problem by ramping up the pressure automatically enough to overcome it.

Wonder if your recliner makes back sleeping even more difficult for the S1 to overcome because of your body position than if you were on an actual bed? can't visualize how you sleep on your side on one...wouldn't be possible in my berkline..not comfortably anyhow
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
Take an old tshirt. Sew a pocket on the back, between the shoulder blades, big enough to hold a tennis ball or two. This will keep you from laying on your back.

I am about to head out of town but when I return, I will try it myself and see. I was just notified that I sleep most of the night on my back. I had no idea. I go to sleep on my side, then, shortly after falling asleep, I roll onto my back and stay there. Then, just prior to waking up all the way, I roll back over. So I thought I slept on my side all night. I want to try the tennis ball thing. I keep recommending it but never tried it! Now I know I need to!

But instead of a pocket, I'm going to use duct tape. That way I can move it around to the best position. I may then sweet talk someone into making a pocket or I may just keep the duct tape. My biggest concern with either option is not knowing what my tennis ball loving dogs are going to do....
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was in the habit of sleeping in a recliner after my heart surgery...

Heart surgery causes you to not like a bed for a few months..something to do with the opening your chest and so on.

It was during the first month I saw a couple of low number nights...once when I fell asleep sitting up during a blood pressure test, I woke up 6 hours later with the arm cruft still on my arm and has a very low number sleep cycle...

So I figured it had to be something with how I had slept and I thought (incorrectly )I had to sleep nearly sitting up...

In my case I sleep alone so I put a long body pillow behind my back so that I can only roll over a little bit, the less I roll over the better my sleep.

I hated the high pressure surges, and the farting mask and other noises it made when pressure would go over 20cm.

Now I rarely see pressures over 15CM.

That probably will not work in your case...

There is the old tennis Ball in a pocket on your back trick.

Rich

(06-24-2013, 08:07 PM)spdklls99 Wrote: my Gf will nudge me to wake me up all the time and say.."roll over off your back" because she hears me stopping breathing alot worse on my back...My problem is..I always tend to end up on my back for half the night or so even tho I always fall asleep on my sides...I am hoping the Auto sv I have coming sometime tomorrow would overcome this "back sleeping" problem by ramping up the pressure automatically enough to overcome it.

Wonder if your recliner makes back sleeping even more difficult for the S1 to overcome because of your body position than if you were on an actual bed? can't visualize how you sleep on your side on one...wouldn't be possible in my berkline..not comfortably anyhow

Post Reply Post Reply
i wish i could bet speepyhead to load dats from my BiPap S/T

just how is this done

all i get is "No data available on SD cardDielaughingDont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have one of the newer 60 Series machines, you need the latest version of SleepyHead to be able to read the data. Sadly, the main "Download" button on the SleepyHead home page downloads the wrong version. You need version 0.9.3 (or later, when it comes out). Use this URL instead.
Post Reply Post Reply

Still no Joy im affraid.

will post link when for screenshot when i get to 8 posts
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 77 5 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 968 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 626 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 198 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.