Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

lot of water into nose during cpap
RE: lot of water into nose during cpap
(04-10-2015, 10:45 PM)groggykevin Wrote: Well, from the machine, the hose dips down, then goes up toward the ceiling to a hanger and then comes down to me. Having it come down from above me has been great for it not getting tangled when I roll onto my side, but if it caused my "sinus power wash", then I should change it.
The setup looks like this, with the x's representing the hose path:
the dots are just space holders so format stays:

[ceiling level is up here]
.................................xxx
...............................x......x
.{MACHINE} xxxx....x..........xxx{connection to mask/me}
.........................xx
[floor is down here]

The problem would be in the dip before the hose heads for the ceiling. If you eliminate that dip any condensation that occurs in that section of the hose will just run back to the humidifier tank instead of pooling in a low spot. As far as eliminating the condensation, there have been plenty of good suggestions.

I will vote for the heated hose. I had a lot of problem with condensation. I had a whole set of things that I had to keep organized correctly. Then I got the heated hose for my Resmed machine. Set the heated hose on auto, find the right setting, and never even have to think about it again. Needless to say, I loved it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
How cold do you keep your sleeping room?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 04:42 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: How cold do you keep your sleeping room?

OMMOHY

i dont know what temp the room is because I wasnt using the heater but the weather data says it was 57 degrees outside at the time when i got a nose full of water. i dont know if thats cold enough to cause that much rainout but i can keep room warmer if that fixes it
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I've changed the path of the hose and ordered a heated hose for it. I had heard of rainout but didn't think it could have caused that much water. :-O
Hopefully these changes help cuz that was a shocking way to wake up.
Thank you all for your advice.
:-)

Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have a mask that, when I got condensation in the mask, would drip right into my nostril. Talk about waking up feeling you are drowning!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2015, 09:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Great find. We don't need no stinkin' Nettipot to do sinus rinse. We can use this method to do a sinus power wash. Oh-jeez Rolling laughRolling laugh

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I was just thinking the same thing! DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
    One more question: Do you wash your hose every day?

I wash mine and have tons of trouble drying it properly. So I was getting a bit of water no matter what. (Probably cause of water collecting into LARGE drops).

I just bought 3 parts ( 3" to 1 1/2" PVC reducer, 1 1/2" to 3/4" threaded, and 3/4" threaded to 3/4" barb), from the local hardware store and use them with a regular hair dryer on AIR only setting. Cheap and easy.

Picture attached. Contact if you need help with it.

RAH

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 09:40 PM)groggykevin Wrote: OK I've changed the path of the hose and ordered a heated hose for it.

Just curious in that I don't think I really got any benefit using the heated hose on the S-9 for two years, but what would be required to change over to the heated hose on the System one series 60 machines?

Is it just the hose, new power brick and the humidifier top? I haven't ever tried to actually remove the top of the humidifier. Is it difficult to change out or does it just snap off?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 10:13 PM)rhandel Wrote: One more question: Do you wash your hose every day?

I wash mine and have tons of trouble drying it properly. So I was getting a bit of water no matter what. (Probably cause of water collecting into LARGE drops).

I just bought 3 parts ( 3" to 1 1/2" PVC reducer, 1 1/2" to 3/4" threaded, and 3/4" threaded to 3/4" barb), from the local hardware store and use them with a regular hair dryer on AIR only setting. Cheap and easy.

Picture attached. Contact if you need help with it.

RAH

I'm great about washing the mask and the 10inches or so of hose that's attached as part of mask, but I am terrible about washing the 6foot hose that comes out of the machine. And that's partly because it takes forever to dry! (but I did start using my cpap machine to dry it last time (last time washed hose was months ago though)). I like your blowdryer setup in your picture. I will give it a try...

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 10:21 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 09:40 PM)groggykevin Wrote: OK I've changed the path of the hose and ordered a heated hose for it.

Just curious in that I don't think I really got any benefit using the heated hose on the S-9 for two years, but what would be required to change over to the heated hose on the System one series 60 machines?

Is it just the hose, new power brick and the humidifier top? I haven't ever tried to actually remove the top of the humidifier. Is it difficult to change out or does it just snap off?

OMMOHY

I haven't seen it yet, but I ordered it from Supplier #1 on apnea board's supplier list. Yes, it says it includes the heated tube, humidifier conversion lid, and 80-watt power supply. I will let you know how the conversion went when it arrives...hopefully nice and easy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 145 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.