Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure.
Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure.
Dugy 40 suggested me to post for advise on ideal minimum pressure for my APAP. Now that my cpap minimum is set up at 10.5 my AHI has been always bellow 5. I got the feeling that those indexes can improve adjusting again the minimum pressure.

Attached is the OSCAR DATA. Please take a look at it and suggest the ideal minimum pressure for my Auto Dreamstation. 
I live in Honduras, Central America and here sleep doctors are limited and now with the Pandemic they have on hold the few exiting labs.
Thanks,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure.
I think you will get some ideas on how to best help you from experts here.  But let me tell you I did work to get my Phillps DreamStation Bipap to work better for almost 6 months and never did get results that helped me.  I was then told I should get a resmed aircurve VAUTO and in one session I was MUCH better.  The graphs show on top the Phillips and the bottom the ResMed.   As you can see there is just no real comparison.  Again, the people here will help you and get the numbers lower but if you still can not get relief you may need another machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Jose Joaquin. Your machine is fairly conservative in its response to events. See how the pressure line stays essentially flat from 2 a.m. onward (aside from those little probes)? You had obstructive apneas, hypopneas, and flow limitations during that time, but they didn't spur your machine to increase the pressure and head off similar events.

So the approach is to raise your minimum pressure to a point at which the obstructive events are headed off before they can occur. I would suggest doing this gradually, starting with an increase to 11. Stay there for a few days and see how it goes. If you're not having any problems, then go up to 11.5. Continue in this way until you see your AHI improving. It is reasonable to aim for an AHI that is consistently below 2 (good) or 1 (excellent).

Please post additional charts as you try this process, and of course feel free to ask questions whenever they arise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacey:
 Makes alot of sense to raise the pressure steadily and compare  AHI performance. At some point I even considered buying a S10 for her machine that I was told was more sensitive than the regular Resmed S10. I have good intuition and finally heading with help toward a solution on my problem.  You know, I now feel a great improvement in the way I feel when the AHI was averaging 7.2 (with pressure factory settings ranging from 4 to 20), to now that it is always bellow 5 (minimum pressure at 10.5). 

Like I said, sleep medicine here in Honduras is very limited and new. I have an old Resmed s9 (now back up machine) and switched brands with doubts trying to save money to the Phillips Dreamstation Apap expecting it to be more sensitive than the old Resemed s9, after I found that my major problem are the hypoapneas.

Will come back after a few days. My best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  Need help to interpret and suggest settings for my CSA, for Dreamstation ST turtlez 1 397 03-03-2023, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Question on Polysomnograms and Ideal Therapy cmpman1974 6 514 02-14-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Pls suggest mask change for my "leak problem" Liteheart1 9 1,095 09-22-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.