Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Change
I use a ResMed Elite S9 at a pressure setting of 19 and I've noticed that after about an hour the pressure drops significantly causing me to wake up, is this normal? Is this something I can adjust?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Doug, welcome to Apnea Board.

The Elite should maintain a constant pressure all night. If it does drop suddenly, two things come to mind - 1) the machine is experiencing a malfunction, or 2) there is a significant leak. A pressure of 19 is very high - almost at the upper limit of what the machine can produce, so it's not impossible it's overheating. But more likely you're experiencing a leak somewhere along the system.

I see you're not using software - I'd suggest you install Sleepyhead and monitor what's happening. http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/ Sleepyhead is user-friendly (to quote an old term) and will indicate the pressure, flow rates, leaks etc. In the absence of software, you can also check the LCD display - press the two silver buttons together for 3 seconds. Then use the push-dial to select and click on the second icon from the top, which will give you a detailed list of your parameters including 90% leaks. This might give you a clue as to what's happening, but the software gives a much more comprehensive report.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dougjohnson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden Unexplainable Change scottdooley 47 1,673 04-24-2017, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Change pressure or new mask? DavdM 2 128 04-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 19 1,216 04-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Should I change my pressure? pcplus2 6 307 04-02-2017, 03:32 AM
Last Post: wolfwynd