Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I Adjust My BiPAP Pressure?
Can I Adjust My BiPAP Pressure?
I was prescribed a CPAP many years ago and later a BiPAP when they came out. When I lost my job and house last year my possessions got scattered about and I have no idea where my equipment is. My brother has very bad sleep apnea like myself and has been sent several machines and masks so he gave me a BiPAP. I don't think the pressure is as high as my machines used to be and now I've gained a lot of weight and likely need even more pressure.

Is there a way I can change the pressure short of getting a machine which can read the card in the machine and write data out to it? I just started a new job as a contractor and do not have insurance. My sleep is so awful that I'm having great difficulty concentrating to the point I may be putting my job in jeopardy. I really need to get some decent sleep.

I'm glad I found this forum and hope I can get some help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I Adjust My BiPAP Pressure?
you're sort of looking for a black cat in the dark... which is even more difficult when there is no cat.
Yeah, you can probably perform a pressure set -- but what are you going to set it to; and how are you going to evaluate the efficacy?
Rhetorical -- you cannot.

If one is doing DIY, then a modern auto titrating machine is called for; and data capability to determine efficacy.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
at least go to the effort of exactly describing the machine(s) you have by nameplate, model number, serial, or use the pictures in the CPAP Pictures Page to identify your machine. your machine may actually be one that has data you just don't know how easy it is to get it.

good luck.

QAL

@just - I laughed so hard when I read your "cat" story. so true!
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dunnd40,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Wow, you have been through a lot, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your house.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with getting started again with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2015, 10:58 AM)dunnd40 Wrote: I was prescribed a CPAP many years ago and later a BiPAP when they came out.

Is there any way you contact those care providers and get a copy of your prescription or test results? Either of those documents would reveal your prescription pressure.

Can you tell us more details about the machine you have? If it's an auto machine it'll be easier for us to help you.

Do you know why they switched you from a CPAP to a BiPAP?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 202 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 4 491 03-11-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,152 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 147 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,553 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 278 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.