Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Change in Pressure on CPAP
I was just trying to point out that pressure might not be the correct solution but maybe I misunderstood your sentence.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, on the subject of reflux, I had continuous reflux day and night for 6 years. TUMS staged everywhere as other sleepers have stated, and constantly popping them.

ON CPAP - NONE. Ok, I confess that in 6 months on CPAP, I have taken a TUMS 3 times. Such a welcome change! An increase of pressure would not increase reflux.

An increase in pressure should not, likewise, be a negative impact on mitral valve function nor on left ventricle health - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12660387 concludes "In medically treated patients with heart failure, treatment of coexisting obstructive sleep apnea by continuous positive airway pressure reduces systolic blood pressure and improves left ventricular systolic function."

Hope this gives you peace about the increase proposed.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Can a Sleep Number bed change my treatment? doickle 18 473 02-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 13 678 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dogmuck
  [Pressure] Changing pressure on HDM Z1 cpap dmh 21 24,318 02-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Vertigo/CPAP Pressure Update- CPAP causing inner ear problems SuperSleeper 68 66,476 02-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Cpap treatment leading to reduced pressure over time Newbee2016 4 207 01-31-2017, 04:04 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  how to change pressure setting in XT Fit Wolfpackfan 6 11,582 01-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: johnnyflhx
  Change p10 to n20 mask Rcgop 9 479 01-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider