Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Changing from constant pressure to Auto
RE: Changing from constant pressure to Auto
I'll give it some time to make a determination but in general, I favor auto mode because of its flexibility. I have taken many to fixed pressure but I don't see that here.
You have some low level flow limitations that don't specifically need to be addressed but If I can address both those and your comfort at the same time I will, so yes, set EPR=2 at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2019, 11:56 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: The machine doesn’t adjust when you move. It responds to flow limitations, snores, and events if they occur within 2 mins of each other. 

As for the pressure keeping your nose clear. I doubt it. It’s the humidity that helps with that. Those turbinates will swell regardless of pressure. At least in my experience.

Edit:
Events have to happen within 2 minutes of each other. With flow limitations it increases immediately and with snores they have to have some volume to them. Gentle snoring will not get a response from the machine. It will keep chugging along until a flow limitation or a couple of events

Agreed the machine does not adjust for movement - it adjusts based on my breathing etc no?. On my side is way better than on my back, but I do both. Also, I added an important edit to your question above...
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2019, 11:59 AM)bonjour Wrote: I'll give it some time to make a determination but in general, I favor auto mode because of its flexibility.  I have taken many to fixed pressure but I don't see that here.
You have some low level flow limitations that don't specifically need to be addressed but If I can address both those and your comfort at the same time I will, so yes, set EPR=2 at the same time.

Thank you, will do tonight. Is there a good place to read about flow limitation? This auto setting, given only one night's data seems to be better than the average for me.

Edit - Also, my ramp time is on Auto and the pressure at 4, always has been...any reason to change too?
Post Reply Post Reply
Event Definition Apnea, Hypopnea, Flow Limitation
  • Apnea: 80% to 100% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds

• Hypopnea: 50% to 80% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds

• Flow Limitation: <50% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds
These events may be either Obstructive or Central in nature They represent different degrees of similar events. All of these may be disruptive. While Central Hypopneas are important in diagnosing Central.Mixed.Complex apnea they are not monitored in most Sleep Studies.

The big issue with Flow Limits is that they are not quantified by the medical community, they are not a part of the AHI, so they are generally ignored.  Yet in some individuals they have a major impact on how they feel.

On Ramps, turn it off,  your pressure is low enough that you do not need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2019, 12:07 PM)lngtrm1 Wrote: Agreed the machine does not adjust for movement - it adjusts based on my breathing etc no?. On my side is way better than on my back, but I do both. Also, I added an important edit to your question above...

Correct, so yes an APAP will be of use to you in that respect. 

Looks like Bonjour has you all set for tonight. Let’s see how you do. Post tomorrow’s and any other future results in this thread. As you progress it’s easier to look back and reference other screenshots. It also keeps your whole history in one neat package so to speak.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

Thanks, will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I forgot to put in my memory card... I did turn the ramp off and changed the min pressure to 6. Turned EPR on, EPR type "full time", level set to 2.

No ear ringing and the zero ramp was not a problem. But, the unit display says I had 4.2 events an hour which is really unusual for me.

Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Kinda hard to see what is going on without the charts
Post Reply Post Reply
Just out of curiosity what was your leak rate (seal) on the myAir app?
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Smiley faces....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 439 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 453 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 340 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 445 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 326 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 646 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.