Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Changing pressure on HDM Z1 cpap
RE: Changing pressure on HDM Z1 cpap
(05-19-2015, 10:55 AM)ASF01 Wrote: I am trying to learn how to change the pressure on my newly received HDM Z1. I have followed the above instructions but once the target pressure is displayed, I find that I cannot change that setting with the up and down buttons. Any suggestions? Thanks
first; you do not need to press the blue button. just hold the power on-and-off button until it starts blinking, then press the arrow up or down to adjust your pressure. then complete the setup by holding the power on-and-off button again till it reads confirmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 10:55 AM)ASF01 Wrote: I am trying to learn how to change the pressure on my newly received HDM Z1. I have followed the above instructions but once the target pressure is displayed, I find that I cannot change that setting with the up and down buttons. Any suggestions? Thanks

After noodling about with my new Z1 I found that I was able to change pressure with the following procedure:
1. Make sure the cpap is not active (screen should show a pressure of 0.0
2. Hold start button for several seconds until the current pressure setting shows.
3. Hold the up and down buttons simultaneously until the screen indicates that it is in unlock mode
4. Use the up/down buttons to set the desired pressure.
5. Hold down the start button for several second to record the new setting. I believe that it will show 0.0 when it has been held long enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 03:59 PM)rgmorse Wrote:

After noodling about with my new Z1 I found that I was able to change pressure with the following procedure:
2. Hold start button for several seconds until the current pressure setting shows.
3. Hold the up and down buttons simultaneously until the screen indicates that it is in unlock mode
5. Hold down the start button for several second to record the new setting. I believe that it will show 0.0 when it has been held long enough.

Are you "Noodling About" with the Z1 CPAP or the Z1 Auto........the procedures are quite different between the two and you instructions sound like you talking about the Z1 Auto not the straight Z1 CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 04:06 PM)under pressure Wrote:

Are you "Noodling About" with the Z1 CPAP or the Z1 Auto........the procedures are quite different between the two and you instructions sound like you talking about the Z1 Auto not the straight Z1 CPAP.

Mine is a straight up Z1 CPAP. I noticed, that after the first time it did the unlock thing, it was no longer needed in order to change the pressure. I just received the ZI and was setting it up today for the first time. My prescription is for 11, and the unit came set at 8, hence the need for the adjustment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got your pressure changed, I was just curious because when I had the CPAP model I didn't have to do the unlock procedure, but glad you got it set.
Post Reply Post Reply

Greetings & 1st post.
I was super excited to receive my Z1 auto yesterday. I have needed a cpap/apap for likely well over a decade.

Per the manual I checked the settings: it's in APAP, z breath:3 mode.
I put on the mask and fell asleep.

many times last night, at least 5, I awoke frightened feeling like I was suffocating & could not breath. Upon each awakening I looked at the screen and the pressure only read 4.0 each time. ?????????? It never would "auto"matically increase the pressure level to meet my needs.

I feel horrible today; I feel as if I was forced to breath through a soda straw all night long.

If anyone could help me check or reset this Z1 Auto prior to tonight I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
Tres
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the FULL story
As with the original Z1, Press and Hold the Power Button until the high pressure setting appears.
If pressures are locked, indicated by LOC, press and hold both arrow buttons at the same time.
Adjust the pressure up and down with the arrows.
Press and hold the power button to save the setting.
Then the lower pressure will appear and can be adjusted the same way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you for this information. I appreciate this website.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I'm a new member. I found the forum while searching for the secret to resetting the pressure on an HDM Z1 I bought used from a friend. Unfortunately, the method posted does not work for my unit, since there is no "blue spot" above the screen. Well, there is a logo there, but it's not a button. When I press there and hold the power button down, the present setting does display on the screen, but it also says "locked" and the up/down arrows have no affect.

The date code on the unit is 20150-04.

Any idea where to get the sequence for setting the pressure on this version of the HDM Z1?

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Duh, after I posted my query, I saw ASF01's post. It worked!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 235 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 203 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 395 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 274 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.