1. Insert the pronged end of the power cord into a power outlet. Insert the other end of the power cord into the back of the VPAP II flow generator.
2. Insert one end of the air tubing into the front of the VPAP II flow generator.
3. Hold down the two buttons on the far right side of the control panel. Press the power switch on the back of the flow generator.
4. Release the buttons once you see "Clinician Mode" appear on the LCD screen.
5. Cycle through the menu items using the up and down arrows. The first seven items on the list are the "Primary Settings" and include the following items: respiratory rate, tidal volume, leak, delivered pressure, set start pressure, set IPAP min and smart start/stop. The "Primary Settings" are the items that appear on the LCD screen when you initially turn on the flow meter. The rest of the selections will be located on the secondary menu.
6. Press the "Option" button to select the desired menu item or to set a value. For example: to set the delivered pressure, press the down arrow four times and press "Option." To change the delivered pressure, press the up and down buttons until you reach the desired pressure. Confirm by pressing "Option" again.
7. Press the "Menu" button once you have completed making changes to return to the main menu. The selections will now be displayed on the LCD screen.
Apnea Board Administrator