Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Determining best pressure settings for APAP
RE: Determining best pressure settings for APAP
DISleepApnea, I'm also having trouble seeing the graphs but from the statistics chart your leaks seem high they should be below 24 and you AHI is reasonably high but it is a only a short period, do you feel like the mask is leaking? A couple of suggestions, do you use mask liners? Do you have the hose coming from above your head either over your bed head or using a product called a hose lift? These may help your leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2013, 05:23 PM)Tez62 Wrote: DISleepApnea, I'm also having trouble seeing the graphs but from the statistics chart your leaks seem high they should be below 24 and you AHI is reasonably high but it is a only a short period, do you feel like the mask is leaking? A couple of suggestions, do you use mask liners? Do you have the hose coming from above your head either over your bed head or using a product called a hose lift? These may help your leaks.

Please read my response to Zonk. My large leak is down to 0 - 2% with the new mask. I have been trying to find out what it takes to become a "member" instead of a "New" member because that would allow me to upload more attachments. I did try mask liners with little success with the previous mask, but this one seems to be doing well as is. I think most leaks are when I toss and turn into positions unsuitable for the mask and hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2013, 05:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The purpose of the Auto is to adjust as needed throughout the night. A setting of 14-16 is a very, very tight range so the 95% is going to be hard for the machine to determine since there's not much room.

My suggestion is to drop the lower number to13 or even 12. And raise the upper number to 17. Then collect data over the next ten to 14 days. You need trends, not one or two nights' worth. By then, you would have a more accurate 95% rate and can determine if that range is good for you.
I agree but want to try this new setup a few days before another change. I would like to send detailed images of single nights but have used my attachment quota. It seems I either delete my previous ones or find out how to become a "member" instead of a "New Member". I can't find anything on the topic.
Thanks for the response.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you already tried the wide-open setup (eg. 4-20 cmH2O)? It could give you a clue how low or high you should set your numbers and go on from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2013, 07:42 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Have you already tried the wide-open setup (eg. 4-20 cmH2O)? It could give you a clue how low or high you should set your numbers and go on from there.

Boy, you want to get me in real trouble with my sleep therapist, sleep test center, and doctor! While I admit they have not been real good about sharing specific information on my test I don't want to go too crazy right off. Furthermore, I am not sure I have enough knowledge to know what changes to make based on the graphs. However, I do believe the original 14/14 was not right, except for the one night of testing. However, I definitely think I will change the upper limit after tonight. Thanks for the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you adjusted in the "A-Flex" is not the pressure range but the pressure relief. Meaning the exhale relief. I would assume A-Flex 1 means it drops 1cmH2O with each exhale.

If you are using SleepyHead, which it looks like you are, you can right click repeatedly, zooming further and further in, wherever you are right clicking.

Membership levels: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-explained
Attachment info: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You, Paula02
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2013, 08:21 PM)DISleepApnea Wrote: Boy, you want to get me in real trouble with my sleep therapist, sleep test center, and doctor! While I admit they have not been real good about sharing specific information on my test I don't want to go too crazy right off. Furthermore, I am not sure I have enough knowledge to know what changes to make based on the graphs. However, I do believe the original 14/14 was not right, except for the one night of testing. However, I definitely think I will change the upper limit after tonight. Thanks for the input.

There's no point having an Auto-CPAP if you're gonna use the same lower and higher pressure settings. Either the professionals you're dealing with are clueless or you are a very special patient.

Talk to your doctor about using a wider range.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are, of course, correct. Thanks, Doom_NX
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=626][attachment=625][attachment=627][attachment=628][attachment=629]Here are some attachments that replace the original 2 and add more info. I think they will still view clearly enough.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,215 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 140 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 217 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 903 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 637 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 133 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.