Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
RE: Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
With a range of 12-25 what’s a good ps or is it independent of max and min pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
A PS = 4 is typical start, it can always be adjusted once we see what is happening.
Post Reply Post Reply

I can't believe I'm saying this but.... I actually got up early for once in my life LMFAO here is the data! The neck collar I used bothered my neck a little bit because of the velcro.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks better, although there are a few clusters. We need to start getting after the flow limitation and snore a bit better. Let's try PS 5.0. No other changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do!
Post Reply Post Reply

Data more Data! Things are looking better! Note at some point in the night I woke up without the collar but I don't remember taking it off lol. Also, does anyone else get stiff neck/ neck pain with cervical support?

You guys rock! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Any sugestions or changes?
Post Reply Post Reply
PS 5.0 has cut flow limitation to a 95% of 0.15, so there is still room for improvement. Assuming you are comfortable with it, increase PS to 5.4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I will try 5.4 tonight, but it looks like i am getting much better results with the collar and the increased pressure headroom!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the question on whether you needed bilevel is pretty clear. Results are good, and you should follow your own instincts on whether to implement any changes and continue at current settings, if that is what seems best to you. Our goal is your comfort and a good night of sleep, and you are best judge of that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 563 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.