Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
RE: Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
I agree, the VAUTO would be the first choice! But if they won’t do a bipap make it a Resmed airsense 10s auto
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I did some more research before I got the dreamstation. To my credit, I did do some research but I did not look on this forum, plus I knew the Phillips name and figured it would be good. I have had it less than a month and bought it out of pocket from Supplier #1 [Link removed] after having a minor car accident where I fell asleep at the wheel. I'm having issues getting to work on time and my employer gave no care about my diagnosis. Funny thing is I found out from a third party he has apnea himself.  I will make the adjustments tonight and post results! I am wondering, does anyone on here have any sway with Supplier #1 that could help me convince them to let me exchange the unit?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the support and advice!
I sleep at that incline because of GERD and to help lessen the apnea pre-CPAP. I am curious if my RDI will increase when im flat, or a small incline. Right now my partner was refusing to sleep in the same bed as me because of the incline and my previous snoring. He has not slept in the same bed yet but I know he will love not having to sleep in the air....next to a lion roaring. Now only if I don't flail around anymore or hit him in my sleep that would make him very happy LMFAO.

Also, I was always a side sleeper.... until I got my CPAP where I'm finding my self more comfortable on my back for some reason. Currently, my remote for my bed is lost so I would need to either find it or go to my parents to borrow their remote. I think I will give it a night at the same incline to see if the setting changes do anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here is some more data, my very first night, I'm not sure if that was an outlier, A random night, and a no-leak random night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Also my general stats
Post Reply Post Reply
There will be some gurus that should be by but until then - using ramp stops you from getting therapy until it is over. If you can do not use it at all or cut back the time as much as possible. Your low pressure is way to low. I will let others give you an actual number but you are WAY low.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I just set my unit to flex 2, no ramping, minimum pressure 12 max 20. I’m going to see how that goes but I would really love it if I could get help with cpap there service has been great and I feel much better. But if I can feel even better... any may parents will go for it I would love to try the vpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Last night with updated settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like you to put the "leak rate upper threshold" on your chart.  To do that put your mouse on left most part of the graph near the words leak rate and right click your mouse.  Go down to the option dashed line and choose leak rate upper threshold.  That will give us a line that shows how much leaks your machine can take before it is unable to give therapy.  There should also be a option on the machine of which type of mask you are using - full face, nasal, pillows.  That allows the machine to decide the threshold.  I think you leaks are more than the machine can compensate.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do when I get home from work today, I meant to bring my other laptop and sd to work but forgot lol. The last two nights were with my full face F20 Airtouch in medium with a remzzz liner. I have been getting the least amount of leaks so far with that mask. I posted earlier my mask history as I think I was using the wrong size and type of mask for the first week or so ( had dreamware full face in medium but had crazy leaks and it gave me a horrible sore after only 4 nights).

(09-22-2020, 07:33 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I would like you to put the "leak rate upper threshold" on your chart.  To do that put your mouse on left most part of the graph near the words leak rate and right click your mouse.  Go down to the option dashed line and choose leak rate upper threshold.  That will give us a line that shows how much leaks your machine can take before it is unable to give therapy.  There should also be a option on the machine of which type of mask you are using - full face, nasal, pillows.  That allows the machine to decide the threshold.  I think you leaks are more than the machine can compensate.
I think the machine only has options for the "X" resistance setting if its a Respironics mask but ill double check the clinical manual.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.