Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
RE: Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
Update: I got my DME to accept a store credit for my dreamstation so I can get the resmed VPAP machine! Now I just need the doctor to write a new script and convince my parrents lmfao.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would changing or eliminating my flex setting help me in the short term until I can get the vpap?
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-22-2020, 07:33 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I would like you to put the "leak rate upper threshold" on your chart.  To do that put your mouse on left most part of the graph near the words leak rate and right click your mouse.  Go down to the option dashed line and choose leak rate upper threshold.  That will give us a line that shows how much leaks your machine can take before it is unable to give therapy.  There should also be a option on the machine of which type of mask you are using - full face, nasal, pillows.  That allows the machine to decide the threshold.  I think you leaks are more than the machine can compensate.

Here you go!
Post Reply Post Reply
If that is correct, you are not getting any therapy. Your leakage is so bad your not getting pressure to stop your events. You have to find a way to stop the leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Why is it telling my mask fit is 100% then on my DreamMapper? I will try to tighten my mask as much as comfortable. The odd thing is that I’m not feeling any leaks and I’m using a full face mask (f20) with a liner.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the second time I have had to remind Stacey that Philips records Total Leak, now just excess leak. Hopefully he will remember to look at the lower line next time, which is the excess leak rate. Yours never reaches the large leak rate and is not a problem.

With a pressure range of 10-20 your median pressure is very high at 17-17.6 and the 95% pressure is nearly 19 cm. You need bilevel therapy for comfort and to knock out the flow limitation, RERA, Hypopnea, evident in your OSCAR charts. The use of pressure support would not only increase comfort, but would directly treat the flow limits. I don't like the Philips machines deliver pressure to individuals with your profile of upper airway resistance, and obstructive events, and will immediately recommend the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto as a "best" solution. There may also be some positional airway restriction (chin tucking) that may be influencing your current therapy. Normally we look for clustered events, which you have, but not as strong as cases we have documented in the wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

Anyway, your leak rate is fine, but I think bilevel, especially Resmed Vauto would help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did the first diagnostic test on the link and it seemed like I had more resistance, my only question about the collars is would let’s say something like the Dr Dakota prevent me from breathing with my mouth as I tend to had really bad night time nasal congestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have observed the Dr Dakota generally comes up short, and something that supports the back of the jaw without impinging on the throat is better. I have not personally used the SCC so take a look at reviews and the wiki.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good will do!
Post Reply Post Reply
I will post last nights results later in the day, I know for a fact at least for me the liners are helping prevent leeks as in woke up this morning to take meds and was too lazy to put the liner back on and I kept getting burping sounds.

I will also take my bed from the 40-50 degreeish inline to flat and see what effects that has on my numbers. I’m very curious to see if my RDI spikes when I’m flat or will decrease due to less neck roll. Only outlier will be that I am getting a holder monitor put on layer tonight and I do not know how large the unit will be and if it will impede my sleep. My sleep study also showed bradycardia....that’s odd because in the day I’m tachycardic. We are also ruling out anything more serious like aFib
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 372 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 105 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,422 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,150 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.