Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
RE: Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
    Thank you both and everyone elso who has helped me out. This forum is amazing! , the way I was explaining it to my parents was that they never would have told me to buy the Vauto without me going for an in-lab titration study. the three weeks with my apap is kinda like one large titration study and because I'm reaching such high pressures, that means I am most likely not using the correct machine. I will be shipping back my dream station tonight and hopefully, it will not take too long to get the store credit so we can buy the Vauto. I will attach last night's results below. I am also going to try to sleep with the cervical collar tonight to start to get used to it. 

I have a quick question, will my current F20 airtouch mask be able to handle up to 25mm H20 of pressure? To cut down on leaks I think I am going to try an antileak strap that goes over the inlet port.
Post Reply Post Reply
that is a new one on me.. what is a strap that goes over the inlet port?  Could you post a picture?  It just does not make sense to me!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You won't notice much difference in the performance of your mask. It is already managing well at 20 cm, and will work fine with the Vauto. I want to repeat that your pressure may be lower on the Vauto due to the use of pressure support which will resolve obstruction better. It's not just the higher pressure capability, but the ability to change pressure between inhale and exhale.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=26929 Wrote:staceyburke pid='367744' dateline='1601046285']that is a new one on me.. what is a strap that goes over the inlet port?  Could you post a picture?  It just does not make sense to me!

Here are the Pictures!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2020, 10:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You won't notice much difference in the performance of your mask. It is already managing well at 20 cm, and will work fine with the Vauto.  I want to repeat that your pressure may be lower on the Vauto due to the use of pressure support which will resolve obstruction better.  It's not just the higher pressure capability, but the ability to change pressure between inhale and exhale.

Ah I see, I will try the ranges you guys posted and do some more research to see what a good starting range will be. I know one video said to make sure it has the maximum pressure difference setting so it's not nerfing its self. Would it be best to set the max to 20 or 25 and see where it goes? Right now my starting pressure is 13.5 and I am able to handle it quite well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you I have never heard or saw anything like that - interesting!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Reviews are somewhat mixed but I think it will help especially at higher pressure. The thing I am most curious about is if the strap will make my ears too warm. When I get it ill review that and the 3M collar here on this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
you've asked several times if the collar will prevent mouth breathing. I am a mouth breather and have used a soft cervical collar for a couple of years. It does not interfere with mouth breathing.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
my tendency is to breathe through my nose so I use the collar mostly to reduce my lip leaks (& to a lesser extent, some clustered oa). however, I don't think it would inhibit mouth breathing if that's your tendency. $20 to find out!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I should be getting it today but I’m also shipping out my machine today so no data updates for a few days
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 365 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 564 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.