Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
RE: Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
I never got a chance to try DreamMapper before I send off my old machine.

What’s a good humidity and hose setting for the Vauto?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to download OSCAR (free on the top of this site). You have to have a card that should have been in the machine, If not you can purchase one inexpensively. 8 to 32 gb sd card can be used. same type used in cameras. Then post your nights OSCAR and there will be someone who can give you good advice.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay I just got the alert that my machine shipped, I can’t wait to get home and set it up! It’s been rough without a cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2020, 09:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I recommended initial settings hee http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid367694
Mode Vauto
EPAP min 10.0
PS 4.0
Max pressure 20.

Why wouldn’t we want to give it the full 25 head room? Especially if I was hitting max pressure of 20? I know the bipap may require lower pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason you were probably hitting max pressure is that you still had flow limitations and Resmed's keep increasing the pressure until the flow limits are reduced or eliminated.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2020, 02:11 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The reason you were probably hitting max pressure is that you still had flow limitations and Resmed's keep increasing the pressure until the flow limits are reduced or eliminated.

If I understand correctly, the dreamstations algorithm is not good at controlling flow limitations but the Resmed algorisms are better at that. What are the chances of the vauto causing central apneas as I thought I read somewhere that bipaps can sometimes do that if they are not set up correctly.  

When I get home I honestly may set up my new Vauto and take a nap lmfao.
Post Reply Post Reply
If CAs are a problem with the VAuto, turn up the trigger to high or very high. In most cases this will greatly reduce or eliminate them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CA's can be an issue in ANY CPAP, APAP, or BiLevel/BiPAP. Don't assume that you will be one of these individuals unless you sleep test shows Central Apneas, Complex or Mixed Apnea in significant qualities. If so post your Sleep study results and ask.

Central Apnea, specifically it's Treatment-Emergent Central Apnea is truly an equal opportunity issue. This is all about improving your breathing and flushing too much CO2 from your systems. The 'pro's' here are experienced with this and will assist.
Post Reply Post Reply
What should I have Ti Max (default 2) ti min (.3) trigger (med) and cycle (med) set to?
Post Reply Post Reply
Start with default settings as you found them. If there is a reason to change for either comfort or efficacy, we are here to answer your questions. The defaults are good for most, and we use different Ti timing or trigger and cycle sensitivity for specific problems. Back to your question on why not use the maximum pressure of 25. We may go there, but I want to resolve your need for higher pressure through the use of pressure support if possible. For the first try, i don't want to mask any issues we might deal with in an alternative way with high pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 107 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.