Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?
RE: Do I need a Bi-Pap or higher pressure APAP?

New Data! IDK why I was having such large leaks. Also, is there no way to get rera and flow limitation on this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have flow limitation graph right below the leak rate. I don't believe a graph is generated if you do not have rera.

Your leak rate is steady all night, however, you have gone just over it in the gray area. Have you entered the correct type of mask into the machine? Each type of mask has its own leak rate. That is from the exhalation ports in the mask. Mine has 2 sets, one on the top where the hose is hooked and one on the mask itself.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I belive so, under mask it is saying full face and that is what i am using.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a new type of liner and geko pad i wounder if one of those could have done it
Post Reply Post Reply
The settings of 10-20 with PS 4 look good in this one-night session. With all the leaks, this is not an ideal example. There is enough residual flow limitation, I'd like to go to PS 4.6. The OA cluster at 21:20 was positional, and I suspect the one at 03:00 probably was. We may need to open up the max pressure to see if those can be eliminated by pressure, or if we should consider controlling the chin-tuck.

Do some work on the leaks and continue at 10-20 PS 4.6.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok sounds good, amazon lost my cervical collar in the mail so i had to order a new one, I should get that tommrow assuming they dont loose that one as well lol. Now could the reason the pressure is still getting up to 20cm be because of leak compensation? I am going to try to make sure the mask is on as tight at i can stand it to see what the issue is. I will also try a diffrent liner as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd far rather see a good fit with light strap pressure than cranking the mask down on your face. Read the mask primer if needed in my signature links. Tight strap pressure is often counter-productive. My own headgear slipped over the top of my head last night, and until I moved the mask stayed with me, but then I had to reach up and pull the strap back around the back of my head. Tight is not what prevents leaks, but you do want the damn thing to stay on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2020, 08:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd far rather see a good fit with light strap pressure than cranking the mask down on your face.  Read the mask primer if needed in my signature links.  Tight strap pressure is often counter-productive.  My own headgear slipped over the top of my head last night, and until I moved the mask stayed with me, but then I had to reach up and pull the strap back around the back of my head.  Tight is not what prevents leaks, but you do want the damn thing to stay on.

I will go through that fit checklist tonight when I go to put on my mask. An issue I am having are my strapts always tend to become asymmetrical in their tightness/lenght and I have no idea why that happens.

Right now I am using the foam mask for the f20 with a liner. Have others found the sillicone verson with a liner to be better at controling leaks? Also, should I try with out any liner, the main reason i use a liner is to control moisture i used to get with the dreamstation (idk if i get same amount of moisutre with this machine) and to prevent the mask from "fartting"
Post Reply Post Reply

so odd, I am still maxing out the machine. hopefully today I finally get my collar
Post Reply Post Reply
As an Update, I took off the geko pad and the liner as I think one of two things, 1 the "sock" type liners are streching the mask too much inwoard affecting the seal on the bottom or two because it is a memory foam, it is best to have bair contact even if the liner is thin as body heat will better mold the foam to make a seal.

I did also follow the mask primer guide and that could have also done the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.