Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Dreamstation auto cpap
Dreamstation auto cpap
Hello

Only had my machine one week, and I did not use a company to set it up for me, because of the cost. I bought machine new from Amazon. I have a prescription.
Some nights machine starts at 4 and I sleep fine, some nights it starts on 5 and I cannot sleep.

I know how to adjust machine, but do not know if I should set it on auto, or can I set it for 4 all the time.

HELP??

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation auto cpap
Hi weezee42, press the dial and the top right button at the same time for about 5 secs until u see another setup screen appear. By default the pressure is 4-20 and it should start at 4 for you. It's already on auto by default as well. Won't change that unless you are sure of what you are doing. However, most of us need higher pressure but you need to get the Sleepyhead software and retrieve the data from your dreamstation SD card, then link it from imgur for us to analyse to be able to give you appropriate feedback.

Sleepyhead software download: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE .

Here's how you should do it.... taking from OpalRose Signature:

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi weezee42,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello "weezee42" I'm a fellow newbie, welcome. I'm also a Dreamstation Auto CPAP user.
Did you get all 3 manuals from Amazon?
User manual - Dreamstaion
User manual - Dreamstation Humidifier
Provider Guide - Dreamstation
This last one will tell all the settings you can do. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird that it would start at varying pressures.

If you use Ramp, that will start your pressure out lower for the first few (20-30) minutes.

Perhaps your machine has enabled the setting where it starts at your 90% pressure. Buuuuuuut I can't imagine that a person's 90% pressure could be 5.

I'm not sure. Just trying to throw out some ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download #Sleepyhead software (free) and upload your data from the SD card in the machine. I think we will find what we need very quickly to advise you on the appropriate settings. Links in my signature describe how to organize and post that information using Imgur.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 07:20 PM)weezee42 Wrote: Hello

Only had my machine one week, and I did not use a company to set it up for me, because of the cost. I bought machine new from Amazon. I have a prescription.
Some nights machine starts at 4 and I sleep fine, some nights it starts on 5 and I cannot sleep.

I know how to adjust machine, but do not know if I should set it on auto, or can I set it for 4 all the time.

HELP??

Thanks

weezee42,
Set you machine to auto mode.  Since we don't know if you had a sleep study or what your titrated pressure was, I would set the Apap to a range of minimum 6 and maximum 14.  This is a starting point and can be adjusted later.  Turn ramp feature off for now.  Watch for a few days, then let us know your AHI and 90% pressure readings.  

In the meantime, download #SleepyHead software.  Be sure your machine has an SD card, then download data.  Read the tutorials in my signature line to learn how to take a screenshot and use Imgur to post you data here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 388 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 777 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 585 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 488 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 549 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 933 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.