Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Dreamstation pressure wakes me up
Dreamstation pressure wakes me up
First post so please forgive any etiquette errors.

Approaching end of third month of Auto-CPAP use. Worked great from second night until end of second month. Every night now for about a week, I wake up between 2 and 3 am due to constant high pressure (12.5 to 15) that doesn't respond to my breathing at all (Flex set to 3.) Talked to Philips about issue, they thought machine might have defect, authorized return, and got replacement from DME yesterday. To my chagrin, again woke at 2:30 am, and was able to get back to sleep by turning machine off then on.

Would like to avoid this awakening. First two months had no issue like this, and was able to sleep thru night consistently, with AHI's trending downward below 6. Now AHI's heading up from 12. No idea what's prompted this change, and am discouraged. Read on a similar post, and suggestion was to raise minimum pressure. Previous machine minimum pressure was 6.5 (new one set lower) so I'll try raising min to 8 tonight. Any other suggestions?

Also, I started sleeping on inclined wedge pillow when first diagnosed with OSA, before receiving CPAP machine. Still use wedge under normal pillow, but am considering omitting wedge. Is there any advantage to incline position while on CPAP. I know side-sleeping is best, and that's how I usually sleep.

Thanks in advance for any advice/ thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation pressure wakes me up
Hi Herm,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It hard to say why your pressure is going up without more information.

Your pressure is set low at 5cm, so raising it a bit won't hurt.

Download #SleepyHead software and let us know what the breakdown of your AHI is....are you experiencing mostly Obstructives, hypopneas, or clear airways?

You should also be able to get your 90% pressure reading from the machine.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I forgot to also mention that I originally slept thru pressures of up to 12.5, but now that wakes me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Herm, it makes all the difference in the world whether your AHI is mostly obstructive apnea, or is currently clear airway (CA) or central. Without that information, we got nothin'
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will get Sleepyhead software soon. Currently use Dreammaper from Philips. Can't get clear picture from it. Mixed bag of obstructive, clear, and hypopneas. This probably doesn't help you, but will get data from older machine before I mail it back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,240 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,435 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 902 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Advice on this CA event, it fully wakes me up Phil487 11 1,227 07-21-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 484 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 630 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,532 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.