Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] EPR on new air sense 10
Cool 
EPR on new air sense 10
Smile I just received a new air sense 10 autoset purchase at Amazon. This is to replace my s 9 I have used for the last 7 years.
As I tried this new Airsense I am have a problem with a high pressure as I exhale using my nasal mask.
I saw a youtube demo on a Airsense 10 that had a setting on the menu for E.p.r., but can not find that setting on the menu for my machine.
Any suggestion on how I can address this
Thanks
Terp
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EPR on new air sense 10
Welcome to apnea board it should be under comfort settings. You may have to go to the clinic settings by pushing in the big round button and the home button. Hold for at least 3 seconds it'll pop up. You can get the clinic manual from the private files section.

Welcome
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Terp,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2017, 12:37 PM)Terp Wrote: Smile I just received a new air sense 10 autoset purchase at Amazon. This is to replace my s 9 I have used for the last 7 years.
As I tried this new Airsense I am have a problem with a high pressure as I exhale using my nasal mask.
I saw a youtube demo on a Airsense 10 that had a setting on the menu for E.p.r., but can not find that setting on the menu for my machine.
Any suggestion on how I can address this
Thanks
Terp

You need to go into the Clinicians menu.  Hold the Big round knob in and the long one at the bottom for a few seconds.
Display will change, select settings, push the round knob, then dial down the EPR and set it (turn big round knob) to 1, 2 or 3, push button again, then either go up to the top or push the home (long button at the bottom) this should take you to the top, then home should be white, press round know again, job done.
When I got the manual for my machine it had all this already in the manual.  Have a look, unless they are printed differently it should all be in there.
If not google it, ResMed has Clinicians instructions in the on-line manual it online as a .pdf
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Terp, both your S9 and the new Airsense 10 provide nearly the same therapy and comfort settings. You can order the clinical manual for both those machines off the CPAP Setup Manuals link on this forum. Also, both machines are compatible with #Sleepyhead software which is also free and linked at the top of this forum page.

Sleepyhead will show you the settings on your S9 and you can use the same or similar settings on the new machine. EPR is exhale pressure relief, and it is set in a range of 1-3, corresponding to 1 to 3 cm pressure relief on exhale.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After you adjust epr on clinical settings make sure on patient settings that pressure relief is On.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 574 4 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 590 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson
  [Treatment] Help me make sense of OSCAR data hexecution 4 637 10-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.