Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Finally have OSCAR, thoughts on results?
RE: Finally have OSCAR, thoughts on results?
I feel fine, not great. I think there are some improvements to be made just not sure where. Not having headaches as much as I used to. Not having any caffeine after noon. Trying not to eat too late but that's hard. I can skip breakfast but for some reason I always feel like eating at night. I'm using the N20 mask with the slimline hose. Having much better success with the slim hose. I sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees. With that I don't move around as much. I try increasing the PS to 2 but feels like too much so I keep dropping it to 1.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Fine is good, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that great is in your future. Sometimes improvement is subtle, and it can take some time to appear. So perseverance and patience are the watchwords.
Post Reply Post Reply
Switch to ASV?
Would yall recommend I get an ASV?  I've been doing a lot of searching here and it looks like people here with similar results as me do much better on ASV.
How long would it take with insurance to get an ASV?  It might be better for me to just buy a used one.  Don't think I can wait that long.

example of my usual night

AHI is usually around 5 or less which I know is technically 'good' but I don't feel any better after weeks of using my VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
You do not qualify for an ASV  see http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines

It will take a lot of justification to get one.

Make a list of your issues, be specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
On your Vauto, have you tried trigger sensitivity on high? It sometimes reduces centrals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try that one night, did not seem to help. Maybe I'll try CPAP mode tonight on like a 4. Tried one night on a 6 with no luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think rather than CPAP mode, I'd suggest staying with Vauto mode and perhaps reducing the pressure support and pressure range. You can reduce your range of 4.0-10.0 to a much closer range. Go with what feels comfortable, but a minimum pressure of 4.0 is very low. Anyway, my suggestion is EPAP min 5.0, Max pressure 6.0, PS 0.4. This will reduce pressure support to less than 1/2 cm difference and allow your EPAP pressure to move between 5.0 and 5.6. You can force the Vauto to move in a very confined range like CPAP while keeping some automatic pressure adjustment and pressure support. If you want to go with no pressure support, you can specify PS 0.0.

CPAP mode is also fine, but I would suggest a pressure of 5.0 to avoid feeling like you don't have enough air.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a specific reason to think the CAs are the culprit in your feeling fine but not great? If not, you can certainly experiment with another setting and see what happens, but my guess is that at a certain point you should settle in with some OK settings and give them some time. Patience is very hard, I know from experience, but sometimes it is the quickest way to get where you want to go. As the old adage has it: "Festina lente." (Make haste slowly.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try Sleepyrider's suggestions tonight. I'm just guessing CAs because that's all that really shows up on OSCAR and I thought I was doing ok but I think my health is still declining. I know I have digestion issues too. Had a headache yesterday and almost all day today.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did sleep better with Sleeprider's suggestions.  Not sure what this means but thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,039 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.