Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Finding the right Pressure
RE: Finding the right Pressure
(05-23-2016, 01:38 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Yes, take it down to 11, then let us know what Sleepyhead shows.
Will need AHI and breakdown of.......hypopneas, Obstructives, clear airways, leak rate.

After some more research into my "brick" I found out much to my surprise that my CPAP's website has a link where I am able to enter the smart code in increments of 1 day, 7 days, 30 days & 90 days, it gave me this report...What do you think, I am still learning how to interpret these results.

This is the last 7 days ( technically 4 days)

"I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Post Reply Post Reply
Your goal should be to lower AHI to 5 and under.
I'm not familiar with your machine, but it looks like you are only getting very basic information from it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I realize it's very basic but going from being in the dark a few days ago to what my mysterious AHI might be, to having a 4 chart breakdown that includes said AHI results, feels like a huge win for me.

It's the small victories that I cherish the most Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 11:27 AM)SeriousJoker Wrote: I realize it's very basic but going from being in the dark a few days ago to what my mysterious AHI might be, to having a 4 chart breakdown that includes said AHI results, feels like a huge win for me.

It's the small victories that I cherish the most Wink

You are absolutely correct. Keep us posted and what's more important is how you feel.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually feel quite wonderful, I am not sure if it is a placebo effect, but I'll take it! First couple nights were, well none existent (I feel asleep in the morning, lol) The last couple days I have been sleeping better and better.

I am looking forward to my basic reports at the week & 30 day mark, I imagine the results could/should be more conclusive, or at least more detailed. The main reason I believe though is the discovery of this forum & the new knowledge of understanding my machine better.

Thanks To all of you! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to update this thread, current pressure at 10.5 and humidity at 1-2, depending on how dry my nose is. I am going to stick to this setting for another 2 weeks and see how I feel. My AHI is around 1.5 to 4, on average. I still have restless nights but that's to be expected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
?? for the savvy Hoseheads: Does weight directly or indirectly influence
the initial settings? also can you titrate down with weight loss?
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2016, 09:29 AM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: ?? for the savvy Hoseheads: Does weight directly or indirectly influence
the initial settings? also can you titrate down with weight loss?

Hi Luvmyzzz,
You should probably start a new thread with this question. It has been discussed many times and I'm sure you would get many responses.
But just to answer, I believe that weight does influence initial settings.
Many have stated that when they lost weight, that their pressure needs dropped.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Opalrose! Thanks for reply, much appreciated! Thanks
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2016, 09:53 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Luvmyzzz,
You should probably start a new thread with this question.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 591 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 661 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Need help finding the right pressure. kidchameleon 57 4,968 07-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: kidchameleon
  Help finding my Bipap machine taken by mistake on airline orthoal 6 603 06-16-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: orthoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.